Jokes for the Jocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

A Glasgow woman goes to the dentist and settles down in the chair. "Comfy?" asks the dentist.
"Govan," she replies.

What did the Siamese twins from Glasgow call their autobiography? Oor Wullie.

A guy walks into an antiques shop and says: "How much for the set of antlers?"
"Two hundred quid," says the bloke behind the counter.
"That's affa deer," says the guy.

Did you hear about the fella who liked eating bricks and cement? He's awa' noo.

After announcing he's getting married, a boy tells his pal he'll be wearing the kilt. "And what's the tartan?" asks his mate. "Oh, she'll be wearing a white dress," he replies.

What do you call a pigeon that goes to Aviemore for its holidays? A skean dhu.

How many Spanish guys does it take to change a lightbulb? Just Juan.

Aman takes a pair of shoes back to the shop and complains that there is a lace missing.
"No," argues the assistant, "look at the label - it says Taiwan ."

What's the difference between The Rolling Stones and an Aberdeen sheep farmer? The Rolling Stones say: "Hey you, get off of my cloud." And an Aberdeen sheep farmer says: "Hey McLeod, get off of ma ewe."

What do you call an illegitimate Scottish insect? A wee fly b*****d.

What about the Scotsman who lost his testicles in a motorcycle accident? The surgeon re-attached them with Bostik.

While being interviewed for a job as a bus driver, a guy is asked: "What would you do if you had a rowdy passenger?"
"I'd put him off at the next stop," he says.
"Good. And what would you do if you couldn't get the fare?"
"I'd take the first two weeks in August," he replies.

Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - "Aye right."

A Glasgow man - steaming and skint - is walking down Argyle Street when he spots a guy tinkering with the engine of his car. "What's up, Jimmy?" he asks. "Piston broke," he replies. "Aye, same as masel..."

papercorn2000

Rotfl!

k-dog

Very good. Had to read a few of them back to myself in a Glaswegian accent to get it though!

I always liked this one:

Guys goes into a bakery and says 'is that a doughnut or a meringue?'

Baker replies, 'no, you're right - it's a doughnut'.

;)

abchandler, the fair is the name given by Glaswegians to the Holiday in September (it is September isn't it?) that most of the manual workers get off on holiday.

abchandler

Tetedelacourse said:
;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

July my boy, July.

And now it all makes sense. TY:biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
magnatom said:
Actually I would be surprised if many outside Scotland could get the first one, unless they've seen Rab C ;)

I tried that one on my Canadian wife - met with a blank stare. After I had explained the joke, I was rewarded with the comment 'that's just silly'. Oh well, I laughed. She had not a clue about the fair/fare.

longers

Legendary Member
Got them all, even the bus driver one ;).

I did have the meringue one explained a couple of weeks ago though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
gavintc said:
Excellent. The bus driver one is particularly Scottish. I don't think many south of the border will get that one.

I guessed. Leicester used to have the 'July Fortnight' for the hosiery factories, so I assumed it was the same thing...;)

Top Bottom