Just a service and MOT please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Looks like there is no friction material left on the backing plates on the rear pads of the second bike too. Scary right enough.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Not knowing anything about motorbikes, is that a kind of axle stand in that first picture (seized chain bike)? Or just for steadying the bike?

It's a paddock stand, the 8mm bolts are in instead of bobbins (which on this bike will be 8mm bolts with a fancy sleeve).

Wheel has to come out to replace rear sprocket.

It's beyond economic repair but customer wants it roadworthy and MOT'd. Already had 3 hours sorting the previous wiring "repairs" out.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Safety and legal matters apart; do these owners not realise the price of new discs, once metal has made contact with metal?

A genuine Triumph disk is between £150 to £200 iirc, this had possibly 0.1mm of pad material left.

I can't get my head around it personally but what do I know!.

That would have been a Dangerous Failure MOT wise and Prohibition if he'd have been pulled over rinding to us..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A genuine Triumph disk is between £150 to £200 iirc, this had possibly 0.1mm of pad material left.

I can't get my head around it personally but what do I know!.

That would have been a Dangerous Failure MOT wise and Prohibition if he'd have been pulled over rinding to us..

Sure if asked owner would have said fine judgement :laugh:

Top Bottom