Just been assaulted

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
This is correct, at the risk of straying OT & into the dark place territory unless they are reported then there is no ammunition for the Police to ask for more resources if the numbers of reports are falling so removing officers is working, that will be the Politicians views.

Yes @PaulSB you are correct we have lost 20,000 officers & TBH we probably need them back along with another 20,000 to as one Politician said "Take back the our streets" I don't want to live in a military junta but I do want to free safe to cycle up a what is supposed to be a middle class housing estate in safety.

For every crime that is not reported plays directly into the hands of the criminals & the Politicians, maybe they are more alike than we care to think.

It's @PaulB who has been commenting not me. I haven't read the thread at all.

Best advice my instructor gave ? If you can run

Mine put it just as clearly. His advice was to "not be there!" Basically don't go to areas you are at high risk, if you have to them be prepared to get the hell away if something doesn't feel right and if trouble is unavoidable do whatever you can to give yourself time to get away. If you get caught repeat the process probably by doing something new.

However he did say if you get into the position of having to act you've kind of made a mistake earlier to get into that position. They made a big deal about self defence being a lot about awareness and situational awareness.

A former friend who was a copper made for an interesting person to have with you on a night out. You'd see her stiffen and watch something happening that we simply didn't see as a risk. She'd often say something like watch out for that guy, he's about to kick off. We'd see a guy who looked calm but sure enough he launched into someone. It's pure training and experience. Situational awareness.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine put it just as clearly. His advice was to "not be there!" Basically don't go to areas you are at high risk, if you have to them be prepared to get the hell away if something doesn't feel right and if trouble is unavoidable do whatever you can to give yourself time to get away. If you get caught repeat the process probably by doing something new.

However he did say if you get into the position of having to act you've kind of made a mistake earlier to get into that position. They made a big deal about self defence being a lot about awareness and situational awareness.

A former friend who was a copper made for an interesting person to have with you on a night out. You'd see her stiffen and watch something happening that we simply didn't see as a risk. She'd often say something like watch out for that guy, he's about to kick off. We'd see a guy who looked calm but sure enough he launched into someone. It's pure training and experience. Situational awareness.

i just assume anyone i dont know who gets to close for comfort is a potential threat , and anyone walking bye could be a pick pocket/ mugger .

One thing I got told, if you see something obvious check the other side, the obvious could be a diversion for the less obvious that gets you.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
One thing I got told, if you see something obvious check the other side, the obvious could be a diversion for the less obvious that gets you.

Was recently pickpocketed on the Paris metro this way.

Apparent nutter rambling on near my wife kept my attention on him, kids next to me took my phone entirely unbeknownst to me.

postman

Legendary Member
Stay home. We don't want innocent motorists being victims of your 'roid rage! ^_^
its not going to happen,but if this sshl takes away my hearing for good.I could be offered a cochlear implant.Not at 73 in Feb,i am not putting the nhs under anymore trouble,i will stick to one hearing aid,because the implant looks like something a Borg would have in Star Trek Next Generation.

davidphilips

Veteran
Just seen this thread Phaeton, hope you are well and over the worst of it.
Know you did not take a picture but you where in shock, great you reported it, who far the police take it is unsure but with any luck if the nutter amits it and as long as you go to a doctor or A@E even now and have a record of physical damage you can take legal action if the police fail to take action/
My advice would be get checked out in A@E asap, do not damage there property if you do and get seen then it will be you facing legal action, press the police to take action for assault, if you can find any cctv or a witness or with any luck an admittance by the nutter happy days you may get a nice out of court offer plus the nutter may loss his job and have a record for his madness.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Tuesday evening I rode up to the field 4ish just as the light was going, did my chores & rode home in the dark, felt no different to usual. Yesterday morning I consciously went up a bit later, instead of getting up at 6:45 & setting off just before 7:00 I didn't get up until 7:00 & set off 7:10-7:15, again felt fine with no worries.

But this morning seemed different, again didn't get up till 7:00, 7:10-7:15 set-off but I didn't feel at ease, I was nervous when a couple of cars came up behind me & was relieved when they had passed, 3 hours later the feeling hasn't quite gone away.

The mind is wandering into the what if scenarios, maybe I need to go for a ride & try to forget about him

AndyRM

XOXO
Tuesday evening I rode up to the field 4ish just as the light was going, did my chores & rode home in the dark, felt no different to usual. Yesterday morning I consciously went up a bit later, instead of getting up at 6:45 & setting off just before 7:00 I didn't get up until 7:00 & set off 7:10-7:15, again felt fine with no worries.

But this morning seemed different, again didn't get up till 7:00, 7:10-7:15 set-off but I didn't feel at ease, I was nervous when a couple of cars came up behind me & was relieved when they had passed, 3 hours later the feeling hasn't quite gone away.

The mind is wandering into the what if scenarios, maybe I need to go for a ride & try to forget about him

My bold is the healthiest suggestion in this situation I reckon.

Top Bottom