Just been assaulted

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is this guy a sole trader or small business. I was almost run ver by a building supplies truck near my house. The driver came speeding round the corner on the wrong side, and I had to jump the bike on the pavement. As I turned the bike round to have a moan, he reversed it at me. We then ended up with words, and he threattened me. Fortunately, neighbours came out.

His failure was being an idiot, and in a company vehicle. The MD of the business wasn't happy with him and had words after I phoned the company.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I don't know his position in the company, he's certainly not one of the Directors, which is either a mother & son, or woman with a toyboy,

I have to presume they must know about the incident as it was the logical way the Police identified him by getting his information from the company.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm joining the club. I've just had a nasty moment outside the local Tesco. A deranged bloke who came at me last Saturday came at me again as I was leaving the place. When I walked in the security guard asked for my phone number as the police want to talk to me about this person. The security guard told me he'd been in at 2.30 this aft' mouthing off and threatening staff and customers. The police came and arrested him. It looks like after processing him and then releasing him he's made his way back to Tesco looking for more trouble. As I was leaving tonight he came at me shouting stuff about me being a 'paedo' and other irrational, nonsensical stuff. He got right in my face. A bloke came over and offered me assistance, then this idiot went for him, punching him in the face. After a few returned blows the idiot ran off. This bloke is a well known troublemaker. As I post I'm waiting for the police to contact me. Something tells me It'll be a long wait!

Fastpedaller

. After a few returned blows the idiot ran off. This bloke is a well known troublemaker. As I post I'm waiting for the police to contact me. Something tells me It'll be a long wait!
He'll meet more than his match before long - the unfortunate thing is the person acting in defence will probably end up in trouble with the Police. Remember Tony Martin?
Still better to be inside for 6 months than 6 feet under before your time?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He'll meet more than his match before long - the unfortunate thing is the person acting in defence will probably end up in trouble with the Police. Remember Tony Martin?
Still better to be inside for 6 months than 6 feet under before your time?

He's an absolute menace! At first I thought it was just me, but many others have had to put up with him. I've been told about 2 or 3 of his neighbours moving house to get away from him. Last night he was very threatening! I thought he was going to punch me. I've mentioned it before about my... Osteoradionecrosis (ORN) of the mandible is a severe iatrogenic disease of devitalized bone caused by radiation therapy of oral and oropharyngeal cancers. It is a state of injured bone tissue with inadequate healing...and my blindness in my right eye.

I cannot afford to be assaulted!! Some bloke laid him out the other month for hassling him. That bloke had to pay the idiot £500 damages, plus he ended up with a criminal record. Why hasn't this menace been sectioned under the mental health act I ask??!!

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
The outcome you expected, I hope the effects you’re experiencing don’t last long. How big is the company?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The outcome you expected, I hope the effects you’re experiencing don’t last long. How big is the company?

I don't think it's that big, don't know, don't care TBH, but they operate out of a 3 bed house on the estate, they have 2 vans on the drive, (which is against the covenants in the deeds) there is also a small red/maroon van along with the white one, 4 vans so logically max of 8 workers if others don't travel to the jobs on their own cars.

Saw the white van this morning coming the other way, or at least as it passed me, it was still dark so no idea who was driving.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
the unfortunate thing is the person acting in defence will probably end up in trouble with the Police. Remember Tony Martin?

I remember that case. The jury at the time convicted him of murder because they, quite rightly, didn’t accept his defence of ‘reasonable force’ since he shot and killed the teenager in the back as he was running away.

The actions of Martin went way beyond what could be argued to be reasonable force.

Fastpedaller

He's an absolute menace! At first I thought it was just me, but many others have had to put up with him. I've been told about 2 or 3 of his neighbours moving house to get away from him. Last night he was very threatening! I thought he was going to punch me. I've mentioned it before about my... Osteoradionecrosis (ORN) of the mandible is a severe iatrogenic disease of devitalized bone caused by radiation therapy of oral and oropharyngeal cancers. It is a state of injured bone tissue with inadequate healing...and my blindness in my right eye.

I cannot afford to be assaulted!! Some bloke laid him out the other month for hassling him. That bloke had to pay the idiot £500 damages, plus he ended up with a criminal record. Why hasn't this menace been sectioned under the mental health act I ask??!!

That's the thing - the 'system' doesn't appear to be there to help the victim. Does a victim (in fear of injury) hit the aggressor as hard as they can muster? or are they just expected to do the least possible "mustn't hurt the aggressor, but just try to defend yourself" It's all very well saying "you hit him too hard - it wasn't necessary" as a Jury member who wasn't there.

Fastpedaller

Can you provide a single example where this has actually happened?

Not something I have a record of, and can newspaper reports be relied on anyway. I do recall a case where a shopper was hit by a security guard and the CCTV was conveniently lost. I'm not being obtuse or aiming for an argument , but can you provide an example of where it hasn't happened.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Not something I have a record of, and can newspaper reports be relied on anyway. I do recall a case where a shopper was hit by a security guard and the CCTV was conveniently lost. I'm not being obtuse or aiming for an argument , but can you provide an example of where it hasn't happened.

Lol. You're the one claiming it's a problem! Probably best you do your own homework.

Alex321

Veteran

You are the one who suggested it happens. It is up to you to show that it does.

I suspect the vast majority of such cases won't even be reported, as they won't have resulted in even being charged. It is only likely to even get to court if the force used was grossly disproportionate to the threat posed.

Solocle

Über Member
I had one in 2018 where I was cycling up a hill in Leeds (so it was steep), parked cars on the other side, and a van driver came barrelling through. I stopped, I wasn't exactly highly mobile at the time.

Van driver stopped past me, got out, and approached threateningly, asking "what my f****g problem was."

I tried to ride away, but something gave - it turned out to be a broken spoke. Without the option of flight, I went into fight mode, and I lifted my bike over my head, saying "you're the one coming at the guy with a big chunk of metal". Big heavy thing I was using at the time:
VnZugf_K3nU-YKh3m42wYGE9gRMiuQEhcqB_lk4Q-2048x1536.jpg

It had the desired effect, and he said something along the lines of "If you talked proper I'd have had you", in reference to my southern accent, before scarpering.

Does a victim (in fear of injury) hit the aggressor as hard as they can muster? or are they just expected to do the least possible "mustn't hurt the aggressor
When my son was 16 he witnessed a altercation between a 40 yr old 18 stone builder and a 16 yr old he knew, my son knew the 7stone 16 yr old had lots of medical problems, one bring brittle bones and knew if thumped by the big bloke it could be serious. Well the 40 yr old tried to punch and kick the lad so my son ( a keen rugby player and very strong) dump tackled the guy and held him till he quietened down then let him go.
The 16yr old had suffered a broken wrist ( when he punched the big bloke) the big bloke a scratch. The guy rang the police and my son and other lad was charged with assault.
At court my son was found not guilty, the defence being " defence on behalf of another" he was found not guilty of Affray or assault because he issued no threats and basically said nothing , did not punch or kick and let the guy go when it was apparent he was no longer a threat.
The other lad was found guilty of assault due to he issued threats before the punch which he claimed was in self defence etc . The CPS refused to charge the 40yr old for assault even though he had thrown pucnches and kicks at some kid half his size . ( in his defence I know the lad well and was a gobby little so and so and there was history been them)
So seems, do the least and keep you gob shut.

Top Bottom