Just bought a Cannondale Synapse....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Don't get excited. It's only a Sora model on sale from last year and I'm not a roadie but I've commited to a 95 mile ride in August. It's not for charity, it's only to keep my missus happy as she did it last year and wants us both to do it this year. I may use the bike for commuting in the summer but I'm more likely to go for longer rides at the weekends, commuting by bike just doesn't suit right now.

Hopefully it'll be ok. I'm a trail rider when I get the chance but who knows, maybe I'll catch the bug :smile: ? This time next year it coule be a Carbon disc di2 Synapse instead!!!

Patiently awaiting its grand arrival sometime this week, if the storms go away I may even ride the damned thing ;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good choice Synapse is a well made bike and comfortable to ride a long way. You may or may not get on with the saddle it comes with I changed mine .Nothing wrong with Sora stuff unless your a bike snob. Enjoy

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Thanks @Banjo, i agree with your comment on Sora, wife's bike has sora and I only had to adjust it once after she bought it. Was flawless the rest of the year, including the big ride she did.

leedsmick

Top choice. I bought one in the new year sale. Yet to ride as ive just had a shoulder op but i look at it lots!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sounds great. Nothing wrong with Sora. I had Sora on my Giant Defy and it was great. It was the older version with the 'mouse ears' for the little lever, but it was brilliant.
I hope you enjoy your new ride.

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Thanks everyone, you're all very encouraging :smile: I'm looking forward to receiving it and admiring, i mean, riding it :smile:

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
cannondale-synapse-alloy-sora-2015-road-bike.jpg

I have a Synapse myself. Great bike to ride, really comforatable and it just feels a better fit for me that my old road bike. Hope you enjoy your "many" rides on it ^_^

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
good canvas for potential upgrades. With a little bit of love and a hell of a lotta money your bike can shine with the best of'em

I think if I like the roadie lifestyle agrees with me I will cut my teeth on this one and buy something swish next year and keep this as a winter bike.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I think if I like the roadie lifestyle agrees with me I will cut my teeth on this one and buy something swish next year and keep this as a winter bike.

I think you will enjoy it - If you havent ridden a road bike before, then there may be some aches and pains while you get used to the riding position but once, you've adjusted to the bike then theres everything to love about it. I did the same and i certainly havent regretted it. Only extreme weather can keep me away from it. It doesnt bother me if its barely above freezing out there. Im all suited and booted to deal with it.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Don't get excited. It's only a Sora model on sale from last year and I'm not a roadie but I've commited to a 95 mile ride in August. It's not for charity, it's only to keep my missus happy as she did it last year and wants us both to do it this year. I may use the bike for commuting in the summer but I'm more likely to go for longer rides at the weekends, commuting by bike just doesn't suit right now.

Hopefully it'll be ok. I'm a trail rider when I get the chance but who knows, maybe I'll catch the bug :smile: ? This time next year it coule be a Carbon disc di2 Synapse instead!!!

Patiently awaiting its grand arrival sometime this week, if the storms go away I may even ride the damned thing ;)
Why 95 and not 100:rolleyes:?
My bike had sora on when I got it (and still uses sora shifters) it is all good, just sometimes I wish I had another couple of gears like some of my mates.

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Why 95 and not 100:rolleyes:?
My bike had sora on when I got it (and still uses sora shifters) it is all good, just sometimes I wish I had another couple of gears like some of my mates.

It's just the length of the course. Plan is to park a couple of miles away and make it up to the ton riding to the start and back again.

http://www.lapthelough.org/

is the event in case anyone is curious :smile:

Top Bottom