Just bought a Cannondale Synapse....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
Looks very nice

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cannondale's Synapse is reckoned to be one of the best endurance bikes around, on a par with a Roubaix. You'll love it.

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Yup, nothing fancy about it. Sora gears are more than adequate for my needs, brakes could be better but I'm used to hydraulic discs on the trail bike so I'm kinda spoilt that way.

CaadX

Good choice Synapse is a well made bike and comfortable to ride a long way. You may or may not get on with the saddle it comes with I changed mine .Nothing wrong with Sora stuff unless your a bike snob. Enjoy
Oh so you ride a cannondale now ? good choice. Fancy a ride up the rhigos and bwlch sometime you old fart ?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Good choice Synapse is a well made bike and comfortable to ride a long way. You may or may not get on with the saddle it comes with I changed mine .Nothing wrong with Sora stuff unless your a bike snob. Enjoy

I've has a bike with Sora parts on for 16 years without any problem. Just don't buy a bike with Tektro caliper brakes! From personal experience they're crap!:thumbsdown:

OP
OP
*Dusty*

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
I've has a bike with Sora parts on for 16 years without any problem. Just don't buy a bike with Tektro caliper brakes! From personal experience they're crap!:thumbsdown:

I do have to say I think the brakes will be the first (and possibly only) upgrade. Maybe they'll bed in a bit but coming from the MTB with full hydraulic discs I'm spoilt with stopping power. Even the brakes on my old scrapper Carrera subway were better.

annirak

Veteran
I was too, sadly I didn't have the money, nor did I want invest too heavily in case I didn't like it!!

My road bike is a Vitus Razor. While I love riding a road bike, I do not love the Claris group, nor do I love the frame. I have promised myself that I will buy the best frame I can afford next time around, since group parts can be upgraded more easily! The Synapse alloy disc variant ticks pretty much all the boxes for me!

Kingy

Great bikes. I love them!

My road bike is a Vitus Razor. While I love riding a road bike, I do not love the Claris group, nor do I love the frame. I have promised myself that I will buy the best frame I can afford next time around, since group parts can be upgraded more easily! The Synapse alloy disc variant ticks pretty much all the boxes for me!

Have recently bought that exact bike. Went for the Tiagra version (in preference to 105) as it's as a commute/winter bike and the new Tiagra 4700 shifters have the same cable routing to 105's. The disc brakes (even 'just' mechanical) are a revelation commuting. I have been going through rear pads every week to week and a half in the bad weather with rim brakes, but four weeks and 530 miles later disc pads are still fine having got through rain, sleet and snow.

Top Bottom