Just bought my first bike today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Welcome, and have fun!

johnfev

The best tip I can give you, which will save you a fortune is get a track pump....once I started to made sure my tyres we properly inflated before I went out I saved a fortune in inner tubes and spent lots less time on the side of the road fixing punctures 😃

congrats! best of luck! :cheers:

the 1st year, cycling year 'round, is the most expensive. I have found, in selecting clothing gear, it's a balancing act repurposing clothing & buying cycle specific stuff :wacko: it's not a scam, cycle specific stuff really is terrific. just don't think you need to go that route, for everything, right off the bat. pace yourself

OP
OP
P

Porknz

So many replies! Thanks guys. For a few that asked, it's a Salsa Journeyman Sora. I live on the MN/WI border, so April is probably the earliest I'll be able to ride it. In the meantime, I have a board with all of the gear I'll need eventually. Today was 'teach yourself about bib shorts day' at my place. :smile: As I was looking reading websites with suggestions for good bib shorts, I ran across the brand Twinsix a few times and it caught my eye. Turns out they are local. Has anyone worn any of their bib shorts or jerseys? I don't have any bib shorts or jerseys, but they sound like important gear.

OP
OP
P

Porknz

I believe I have picked out the bike rack (kuat NV 2.0 base), pedals (crankbrothers doubleshot 2), and bags (under seat and top tank from cedaero) I want to save up for.

ExBrit

Über Member
Pedals and a lock - someone gave you some good advice there. Ride with others - you'll soon figure out what else you need and you can borrow theirs for a while. And don't forget to pay it back when you're an old hand.

sasquath

:welcome:

Top Bottom