Just bought my first E-bike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alba Zeus

Über Member
plumped for the Orbea Gain D50 Road bike 2021

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Capture.PNG

Mo1959

Legendary Member

View attachment 591804
Lovely. A lady in my town has one but hacks all the other women riders off deliberately not declaring it as an e-bike on Strava. She’s well up the leaderboards on most of the climbs. :laugh:

raggydoll

Über Member
Congrats!

Looks really good.
I've had a go on a couple of electric bikes.
They are so addictive!

Hills will be a breeze for sure when you get it!^_^

Mralexrides

View attachment 591804
Amazing doesn't even look like an e bike. How much does it weigh?

Scaleyback

Veteran
I own the Orbea Gain D30 2019 105 groupset.
Nearly done 4,500 miles on mine. largely trouble free miles, I lost a few spokes early on (I'm a relative lightweight at 71 kg )
The standard 'Black Jack' wheels on mine seem to be cheap and the finish was very poor after 6 months.This is only cosmetic but annoying.
Also Orbea's support through their dealer 'Leisure Lakes' Lancaster was abysmal. I tried to get these wheels 'sorted' under warranty with zero success and consequently would not buy another. This is a crying shame because it is a great bike (imo)

OP
OP
Alba Zeus

Alba Zeus

Über Member
20210625_125156.jpg

Bike arrived Thursday but standard Scottish summer had it peeing down all day so had to just sit and admire it until Friday when the sun popped out.

Done a 17 mile circular that I have done recently on my non ebike so I could compare stats. Rode on mid assistant for first 10 miles and highest assist for the rest.

Extra 2mph increase overall and hills where a doddle. Can definitely feel the bike helping when you need it and not when you don't.

Overall the bike rides really well, comfortable and handles like a dream.

Used about 12% battery with just a bit over 1000ft but as mentioned was on highest assist level for half of that and more than likely moving forward I will use it on mid assist as I was barely having to try on the highest assist.

My Mrs asked me when I got home how it was and all I could think was how much fun it had been. Highly recommend this bike.

Top Bottom