Just bought my first E-bike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Didnt know there was an age limit for owning an ebike…….

Of course, note the ^_^

dodgy

View attachment 595893

Bike arrived Thursday but standard Scottish summer had it peeing down all day so had to just sit and admire it until Friday when the sun popped out.

Done a 17 mile circular that I have done recently on my non ebike so I could compare stats. Rode on mid assistant for first 10 miles and highest assist for the rest.

Extra 2mph increase overall and hills where a doddle. Can definitely feel the bike helping when you need it and not when you don't.

Overall the bike rides really well, comfortable and handles like a dream.

Used about 12% battery with just a bit over 1000ft but as mentioned was on highest assist level for half of that and more than likely moving forward I will use it on mid assist as I was barely having to try on the highest assist.

My Mrs asked me when I got home how it was and all I could think was how much fun it had been. Highly recommend this bike.

That's a highly non compliant bike photograph. Chain should be in largest chainring and valves nearest the ground or furthest from the ground.
This is non-negotiable.
Enjoy your new bike!

jags

Guru
View attachment 595893

Bike arrived Thursday but standard Scottish summer had it peeing down all day so had to just sit and admire it until Friday when the sun popped out.

Done a 17 mile circular that I have done recently on my non ebike so I could compare stats. Rode on mid assistant for first 10 miles and highest assist for the rest.

Extra 2mph increase overall and hills where a doddle. Can definitely feel the bike helping when you need it and not when you don't.

Overall the bike rides really well, comfortable and handles like a dream.

Used about 12% battery with just a bit over 1000ft but as mentioned was on highest assist level for half of that and more than likely moving forward I will use it on mid assist as I was barely having to try on the highest assist.

My Mrs asked me when I got home how it was and all I could think was how much fun it had been. Highly recommend this bike.
bike and pilot looking good,
stay safe and keep her clean great looking bike.

OP
OP
Alba Zeus

Alba Zeus

Über Member
Don't forget you can set the 'engine power' in the phone app. You can set the 3 power levels independantly from 100% downwards.

Just out of curiosity why would one lower the power settings?

Out of curiosity (I.e. nosy bastard), why have you got an e-bike when you’re clearly fit enough to use an ordinary one?

I’m genuinely intrigued - most e-bike riders I’ve seen have been a lot older and a lot less fit.

CXRAndy

Guru
Out of curiosity (I.e. nosy bastard), why have you got an e-bike when you’re clearly fit enough to use an ordinary one?

I’m genuinely intrigued - most e-bike riders I’ve seen have been a lot older and a lot less fit.

They're fun.

Until last year, I was cycling 100+miles a week going on foreign cycling tours. Ive lost a fair bit of dedication to cycling and didn't fancy the long process to regain my fitness.

I fancied riding 40-50 miles over any terrain and being able to stay in zone 2 for HR. Ebikes can be a useful tool to fitness.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Why not?? Does there have to be a reason to own one, cant one just buy what they want and ride without being judged…….and how do you know hes fit enough to ride an ordinary one, just from looking at a picture?.

Why not?? Does there have to be a reason to own one, cant one just buy what they want and ride without being judged…….and how do you know hes fit enough to ride an ordinary one, just from looking at a picture?.

No reason At all why he shouldn’t have one if he wants it. I’m just curious about what an ebike gives the OP over his normal one. I’m not (I hope) being judgmental - if it came across that way, I am sorry as that was not my intention.

The OP has explained why he got one - I appreciate his comments as he didn’t need to bother. Like I said, I am just being nosy. Each rider should do whatever he or she has to to enjoy the ride - no one else’s opinion matters.

carpiste

Guru

You can`t always tell by looks!
In the past few years I`ve had 4 surgeries for aneurysm repairs which knocked me bck a lot. But I still look fit and healthy.
I have a blood clot in my left leg. It can`t be operated on and so I can walk around slowly and I can jump on a bike. If I walk too fast I`m lucky if I cam manage 50 metres without pain! I can cycle without too much pain as long as I don`t really go mad.But I still look fit and heathy.
I am diabetic.... but yes, I still look healthy!
Having an e-bike has given me the confidence to get back on a bike, to strengthen my body so I can get on a regular bike and to keep me relatively healthy.

Top Bottom