Just bought my first E-bike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richtea

Do you happen to know how to adjust the tension in the rear disk brake? I can't see any barrel adjusters at the bar or calliper end
On the pre-2021 models, there are adjusters 10-15cm after the cables leave the bars (see the thick part of the cable below the steerer):
velo-orbea-gain-d31-2020-bleu.jpg

However, you've got the new-fangled inner cabling!
I'd look either under the bars, or maybe just above the disc where the cables come back out of the frame.
They can't be in the frame, surely? Eeek.

I looked at the manuals for the 2021 Gains (BLUE PAPER GAIN HYDRO 2021 EN-ES is yours), and although it shows the routing on page 51, I couldn't see the adjusters in the diagram. Maybe worth doubling checking though.

Failing that, email Orbea - they will reply, but after 48-72 hours or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alba Zeus

Alba Zeus

Über Member
On the pre-2021 models, there are adjusters 10-15cm after the cables leave the bars (see the thick part of the cable below the steerer):

However, you've got the new-fangled inner cabling!
I'd look either under the bars, or maybe just above the disc where the cables come back out of the frame.
They can't be in the frame, surely? Eeek.

I have emailed Orbea for clarification but 100% can't see any adjusters in or round the brake set up

OP
OP
Alba Zeus

Alba Zeus

Über Member
I should probably point out it’s the brake lever travel I want to adjust. When I pull the rear brake lever it touches the drop

Top Bottom