Just bought my first road bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I was also looking at the Specialized Roubaix Comp but all the 2018 model in my size had sold out then started looking at Cannondale Synapases and equally fell in love with them.

nickAKA

Über Member
Very nice! What have you got your eye on for your next bike? :laugh:

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Honestly, I've actually already considered it.

The night before I bought the new bike I was seriously considering buying a Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Dura Ace Di2 2018.

1500567672_C12138M8051UK.jpg

But I wasn't sure if I wanted to get a Di2 for my first road bike. Then there's the small matter of price of £5500 so I decided I would sleep on it and in the morning I saw the Synapse 105 Disc 2018 which I bought. I still love this Di2.

As mentioned about I also love the Specialized Roubaix Comp but I'd rather buy a Dura-Ace version rather than a Ultegra Di2 but it doesn't exist?

2019-roubaix-comp-ultegra-di2_14140.jpg

I'm also in love with the Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra as a first race bike:

cannondale-supersix-evo-105-road-bike-slate-blue-2018-p336518-499896_image.jpg

One thing I noticed is that Cannondale models seem to be available in more Shimano groupset options than Specialized.

But, honestly I think I should really just focus on enjoying the two bikes I already have than thinking about my new purchase!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Which bike? None of them have pedals in the photos I posted above. Most new bikes don't come with pedals so not sure what your point is?

nickAKA

Über Member
Honestly, I've actually already considered it.

The night before I bought the new bike I was seriously considering buying a Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Dura Ace Di2 2018.

View attachment 448439

But I wasn't sure if I wanted to get a Di2 for my first road bike. Then there's the small matter of price of £5500 so I decided I would sleep on it and in the morning I saw the Synapse 105 Disc 2018 which I bought. I still love this Di2.

As mentioned about I also love the Specialized Roubaix Comp but I'd rather buy a Dura-Ace version rather than a Ultegra Di2 but it doesn't exist?

View attachment 448441

I'm also in love with the Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra as a first race bike:

View attachment 448440
One thing I noticed is that Cannondale models seem to be available in more Shimano groupset options than Specialized.

But, honestly I think I should really just focus on enjoying the two bikes I already have than thinking about my new purchase!

My mate bought a SuperSix Evo (Hi-mod?) last year, loves it apart from the wheels which he reckons are too heavy :laugh: still smashing every segment he rides so can't be that bad.

Personally,I think I've reached the point of relative equalibrium regarding a new bike. No point upgrading unless it's a REAL upgrade which would mean spending more money than I have, so I'll ride this one until it's past it's best... at that point electronic shifting should be a bit more affordable (if not standard...)

I've been thinking about buying my first road bike alot lately and have been researching various 2018 and 2019 models. I particularly like the Cannondale Synapse range and just bought this:

View attachment 448323

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc 105 2018. £1550 reduced from RRP £2199.99.

It arrives on Thursday - so excited!
Well bought! I had non disc Ultegra version when it first came out. Make sure you do some serious miles. Very comfy bike.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Thanks - I'm really happy with it. I'm glad I was also able to support an independent bike shop which happens to be the biggest one in Scotland: Pedal Power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom