Just bought my first road bike!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Distorted Vision, 21 Jan 2019.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Distorted Vision Senior Member

I was also looking at the Specialized Roubaix Comp but all the 2018 model in my size had sold out then started looking at Cannondale Synapases and equally fell in love with them.

2. nickAKA

nickAKA Senior Member

Very nice! What have you got your eye on for your next bike? :laugh:

theloafer likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Honestly, I've actually already considered it.

The night before I bought the new bike I was seriously considering buying a Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Dura Ace Di2 2018.

1500567672_C12138M8051UK.jpg

But I wasn't sure if I wanted to get a Di2 for my first road bike. Then there's the small matter of price of £5500 so I decided I would sleep on it and in the morning I saw the Synapse 105 Disc 2018 which I bought. I still love this Di2.

As mentioned about I also love the Specialized Roubaix Comp but I'd rather buy a Dura-Ace version rather than a Ultegra Di2 but it doesn't exist?

2019-roubaix-comp-ultegra-di2_14140.jpg

I'm also in love with the Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra as a first race bike:

cannondale-supersix-evo-105-road-bike-slate-blue-2018-p336518-499896_image.jpg
    One thing I noticed is that Cannondale models seem to be available in more Shimano groupset options than Specialized.

But, honestly I think I should really just focus on enjoying the two bikes I already have than thinking about my new purchase!

Last edited: 22 Jan 2019
  4. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

I don't wish to piss on your chips, as it looks a great bike, but there are no inner tube valves on that bike, or pedals!

pauldavid, mcshroom and postman like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Which bike? None of them have pedals in the photos I posted above. Most new bikes don't come with pedals so not sure what your point is?

6. Will Spin

Will Spin Senior Member

Nice, just needs some decent mudguards so that you can go out and do some serious cycling!

theloafer likes this.
  7. nickAKA

nickAKA Senior Member

My mate bought a SuperSix Evo (Hi-mod?) last year, loves it apart from the wheels which he reckons are too heavy :laugh: still smashing every segment he rides so can't be that bad.

Personally,I think I've reached the point of relative equalibrium regarding a new bike. No point upgrading unless it's a REAL upgrade which would mean spending more money than I have, so I'll ride this one until it's past it's best... at that point electronic shifting should be a bit more affordable (if not standard...)

8. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Was going to do without mudguards as it's going to be my summer bike but then remembered that I live in Britain....

Banjo and Will Spin like this.
  9. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

Well bought! I had non disc Ultegra version when it first came out. Make sure you do some serious miles. Very comfy bike.

10. postman

postman Legendary Member

11. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

12. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Shimano M520 pedals ordered.

Will lose all the reflectors straight away when I set it up.

13. antnee

antnee Senior Member

Seems like you came up smelling of roses with this deal I wish many happy hours of riding on it it certainly looks the bees knees. I wish my garage was as tidy!!

14. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

Thanks - I'm really happy with it. I'm glad I was also able to support an independent bike shop which happens to be the biggest one in Scotland: Pedal Power.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2019
  15. OP
    OP
    Distorted Vision

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice