Just curious.. For now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
just need a 700c wheel with 135mm hub spacing and disc

Couldn't I just retain my current rim & change the hub?

I've had a look at the Hope website but can't find what you're referring to, sorry.
They used to make one branded as Hop Hoops. You maybe have to have a wheel built from components by a local bike shop.
Halo also make a hub.

OP
OP
G

Goggs

Guru
Thanks for this guys. Like I say I'm not going to do anything yet because I need to get fit first. I like the look of the Deore XT hub in particular. I also like the price.

Nibor

Bewildered
Just check if your discs are six bolt or centrelock before buying as there are two versions and you wouldn't want to have to buy a new disc as well.

Sharky

Guru
Hi folks. Where I live it's pretty damn flat so I was wondering how easy it would be to convert my bike to a single speed. Obviously a new rear hub but which one? Anything else to consider?

http://www.cube.eu/en/products/trekking/hyde/cube-hyde-pro-black-white-2016/

Thanks.
Is it the Cube you have, as in the link?
How is the chain tensioning achieved, I could not make it out in the photo?
Cheers Keith

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Goggs

Guru
Excellent. I've noticed that even though I'm not particulalry fit yet I don't really use many gears. Maybe 3 of the 8 I have available right now. I've been watching Bikeblogger on YouTube & he seems to cope very well with just the one gear. He is very fit though. For me, although Ive now stopped, I have 40 years worth of smoking to overcome before I can even approach fitness. We'll see.

OP
OP
G

Goggs

Guru
If I were to go down this route it would be nice to have some idea as to what gearing I prefer. Does anyone know of a guide that could tell me what my Nexus gears equate to in inches? Or what the equivalent rear sprocket would be for any given gear? Is that still the way it's calculated? I know it used to be but things change.

Top Bottom