just got a new bike !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
i had a second car that i wasnt using and it was off the road (m reg bmw 325tds)and basically i advertised on gumtree for a swap for a good roadbike ,,well i seen a few and thought no ,,but a guy phoned tdy and offered his ,,so its now sitting in my living room ,,its made by woodrup bikes in leeds ,,full 753 tubing with campag dropouts shimano 105 chain ring crank ,ultegra rearmech ,sti shifters /leversand a cammpag front shifter !!mavic rims ,105 hubs ,,anyway all good kit and the whole thing is very (and i mean very)light and it seems well built ,,im well impressed ,,but unfortunately the guy was a proper roadie and it came with shimano 105 type clipin pedals which iv took off as i cant use them ,,so iv not ridden it :sad: anybody know anything about this ??and btw anybody got a set of pedals for sale

if i put the spd pedals up for sale any idea what they are worth :wacko:

anyway im well chuffed and no doubt the local guys will see it :thumbsup:

Adasta

New pedals are about £20 so you'll probably only get a fiver if you sell them second-hand.

I think a better idea is to keep them until the day arrives where you feel like using SPD pedals. that day may seem far off now but, if you stick with cycling, it will come sooner than you think. Clip pedals improve your performance and, once you start using them, it's difficult to go back.

You might also want to consider looking at those sets of pedals which have SPD clips on one side but are "normal" on the other. Best of both worlds, some say.

aberal

Guru
ut unfortunately the guy was a proper roadie and it came with shimano 105 type clipin pedals which iv took off as i cant use them ,,so iv not ridden it :sad: anybody know anything about this ??and btw anybody got a set of pedals for sale

if i put the spd pedals up for sale any idea what they are worth :wacko:

Don't sell them. Buy the shoes and teach yourself to get used to them. SPD pedals are the single best invention in cycling in the last 20 years.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
theres a wee bit of me that says that as well ,,however at first i need some normal pedals ,,any links guys ,,the cheaper the better cos at sometime im gona put the spds back on hopefully :thumbsup: (clipless moment coming up lol)

chewy

Don't believe you! Photos please!

I'd keep the pedals too...... They will look at you from the back of the shed and whisper "use us, use us"

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
iv only got one photo just now and its one the guy sent me ,,il post it and il take some proper ones tomo :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
bikeswap.png

all iv got just now :thumbsup:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
A new equivalent 753 Road bike (725 nowdays e.g Genesis Equilibrium) with 105 would be about £1300 so quite a good deal. Bet it's got a 42/52 chainset though, gonna be heavy on the legs when climbing.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
yeah the front chainring looks helluva big and all the rings on the back look quite small so your prob right ,,il get used to it ,,it looks fast anyway hahahaha :biggrin:

Top Bottom