Just had a very dangerous overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A van pused past me, hitting me, and ran a red light - I have this on film and am about to take it to the police. First though I wanted to ask where I can check his numberplate. I've looked around on the dvla website but can't find anything.

I'm fine, good bike handling skills kept me upright, which makes the video a little less dramatic, but he did touch me. I'll youtube the video once I've asked the Police if it is ok to do it.

Allegedly this web site can help. But I didn't tell you :sad:

http://www.askmid.com/

Sorry I should also have said;

I hope your ok!

Sorry to hear about that Jacomus. Is it easy to make out on the video? Post it up when you get a chance and good luck with the police!

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Thanks magnatom, I'm ok. I stayed on, but a less experienced cyclist would have crashed, and I'm pretty sure that had I not been on my mtb due to the foul weather, I would have not been able to keep control.

It looks very dangerous in the video, but you can't detect the actual contact, but at least his numberplate is clear as day, and so is the fact that he charged a red light.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Thanks magnatom, I'm ok. I stayed on, but a less experienced cyclist would have crashed, and I'm pretty sure that had I not been on my mtb due to the foul weather, I would have not been able to keep control.

It looks very dangerous in the video, but you can't detect the actual contact, but at least his numberplate is clear as day, and so is the fact that he charged a red light.

Lets hope the police take some notice.

Maz

Guru
Sorry to hear about your collision, jacomus. Do you think he RLJ'd cos he knew he hit you?

I used this webpage before to get parts for my car. I entered my own reg and it was spot on in terms of make model engine size etc.

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
self-gratification artist.

Hope they nail his nads to a post and then fasten the post to a lorry which is RLJing (i.e. at speed).

Glad to hear you're okay JRG.

Cab

Good you got out of that intact!

Let us know what plod do about this.

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

The drivers round these parts would rather see you dead than wait for 5 seconds.

Edit: By the way, the camera is mounted on the right fork leg, and yes, he did touch me. you can see the bump in the slow mo, happens about half way down the side of the van.

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Well, its a one size fits all dangerous driving complaint form, that they will cast an eye over and then chuck in the bin if my previous experience is anything to go by. Though they do have the CD with the incident on, so that may help a little, maybe. I'll probably be on here in a couple of weeks moaning vociferously about how they have once again done bugger all to protect the rights and safety of vulnerable road users.

Top Bottom