Just had bike serviced.......good value IMO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Before anyone says the obvious...........my nick name is Mr Bean. I can do small jobs but wanted the bike to be 'right'.
Took it to Ron Spencers (Warrington).
Charge was £40 for the full service.
They took off and 'washed' the chain while checking it for wear/stretch.
They washed sprocket and cogs etc.
As I picked it up I said........."I forgot to ask, is there any way to check how much life is left in the tyres"...............reply was "I've had both tyres off and checked..........they are fine for at least another 3/500 miles.
So I fell confident that he has done a good & thorough job.
Planning to use it for a 40 miler tomorrow so will know if my faith is well placed :smile:

S-Express

I'd have washed your bike for a tenner..

S-Express

And why didn't you tell me that last week !!!!
I think, as it is your fault by omission...............you owe me £30.00.
Please pay within 7 days or you will be hearing from my solicitor.

I will counter-sue for my £10 loss of earnings. Plus costs.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I presume they did other stuff too, otherwise it is an expensive bike wash!

I would rather wash my own bike and have the bike shop check, adjust and grease bearings and stuff that I don't have the confidence to do myself.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not to take the joy out of your life @Dave7, but this what you described they call a full service?
Was the checking of the brake surfaces/pads, checking of the cables' integrity, checking of gear indexing included in this service? Certainly, for me, knowing those are ok would inspire confidence.
How much would they charge you to service your hubs and your headset? As much as a new bike?
I'm not querying the price, after all maybe you hate to wash your bike and are willing to pay, but should they call it "service"?

Top Bottom