Just ordered a Trek Domane 4.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Go for whichever bike feels best and floats your boat looks wise. Then you'll be more inclined to ride it. Then join a club and find some new friends ;)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
IMO, if you have the budget take the bike with the best frame you can afford, if this is the carbon one with tiagra, then yes take that one (as Tiagra is now 10 spd, you can swap bits over gradually to any of the higher end Shimano or SRAM lines as they wear out or as your fancy takes you). Forget whatever trash that falls off of your friends tongues because clearly they are in a world of their own where groupsets make the bike and frames are just there to hold the groupset in place!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Is this thread serious? You haven't had a road bike in 40 years, but you are worried that Shimano Taigra is not good enough? Get real - are you Wiggins or something? It will be more than good enough for you and your cycling needs!

I think the OP is more worried about his friends poking their nose in and belittling his decision making rather than worrying about the kit being good enough.

OP
OP
K

Kev ducky

Regular
RIGHT!! I 've gone for the Domane 4.0 at £1270. Thanks. I will stick my nose up at my ex- friends. Hust need to buy shoes metal heals to slow me down when I am going downhill

Thanks

Good choice, its what I would have recommended. Actually its what I want as well, but needs and wants arent necessarily compatible.

Lee_M

Guru
They've fallen out with me:sad: They are never going to give me advice on anything ever again. :laugh:

Thats ok, you have cc now!

Andy_G

Well done on the bike choice, its sold as an endurance bike but my average speed has picked up so im happy allround.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Your "friend" is as thick as pig s***............. he couldn't be more wrong. The frame is exactly what makes the bike!

If you have the budget, take the better frame and live with the downgraded components until you want to upgrade. A great frame will stay with you for years, components come and go.

If he says otherwise, tell him "some guy called Rob on the internet says you are a tosser and to STFU giving advice until you know what you are on about".

Exactly

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The feel of a good frame is hard to beat, but difficult to describe.

My Brompton rides like a dream - for a folder - and it's not because of the three-speed hub or the cranky two-speed derailleur.

Peteaud

Veteran
Your "friend" is as thick as pig s***............. he couldn't be more wrong. The frame is exactly what makes the bike!

If you have the budget, take the better frame and live with the downgraded components until you want to upgrade. A great frame will stay with you for years, components come and go.

If he says otherwise, tell him "some guy called Rob on the internet says you are a tosser and to STFU giving advice until you know what you are on about".

Of all the advice and replies i have ever read, that one is by far the best. :bravo:

Well done on the new bike.

OP
OP
K

Kev ducky

Regular
Should have picked my bike up yesterday, but Trek hadn,t delivered to my Lbs. i was like a kid who had received a xmas present but no batteries.

Should get it this pm. They asked me what pedals i wanted. How the f#%k do i know

vickster

Legendary Member
Well what shoes do you have?? If you don't have clip less, then get a nice looking pair of flats

Top Bottom