Just ordered a Trek Domane 4.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I test rode a madone and a domane, on exactly the same roads on the same day,

the difference in comfort was chalk and cheese

I bought the domane!

I find that on my Domane my back doesn't feel as bad after a 4 hour ride to.

^_^ common chaps have either of you fitted standard guards using the Domane mounts?

Lee_M

Guru
nope I prefer the clean lines and the dirty back ^_^

My back is never as bad as my mate when out on a ride, no idea why though, but even through really crap disgusting weather I've never come home filthy enough to even think about guards

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
FWIW Somebody in my club rides a Domane and from what I remember, the clearances were pretty tight. I wouldn't be confident of running anything aside from race blades.
Nice bike btw!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Took it out for 30 mins this morning. Well wrapped up but bloody freezing. My hands were a bit sore with probably leaning on the handle bars, but apart from that it was a lovely ride. Need to get use to the traffic though

all thats left to do is some pictures for us....

Andy_G

I think their pretty much the same but its a softer ride with the Domane. even when you go on the drops for quite a while its comfortable.

Lee_M

Guru
what Andy said.

its the iso speed stuff that helps

On the mudguard front, according to the chappie in the Trek shop at MK, sks will fit but with p clips or you can get the Trek specific kit which will fit into the specially recessed bits.

WobblyBob

Congrats on the choice of bike...i think you went the right way :thumbsup:
Personally i could'nt be happier with mine, very very comfortable. My mate (very experienced cyclist) reckons when he was behind me (not very often ha) he could see the whole iso-speed de coupler system doing what its supposed to, so much so he's thinking about upgrading from his slightly older Trek roadie ....all i know is i can't really feel anything through my arse, which in my opinion is a very good thing :whistle:

HovR

Über Member
The riding position is a little more up right, and with the ISO bits and bobs its more comfortable to ride.
I know people will come along and say the ISO stuff is all a gimmick, but in my opinion it works and maybe other Domane owners will back me up.

I was riding behind someone on a new Domane during my club ride last Sunday, and you could see the ISO Speed absorbing the shock on bumpy roads. Looked really good!

OP
OP
K

Kev ducky

Regular
First time properly out today. Did 20 miles with a few nasty hills. Very comfortable, surprised how little i ached. Road in trainers as my shoes are delivered thursday. Just need decent gloves as suffered with my hands

Andy_G

First time properly out today. Did 20 miles with a few nasty hills. Very comfortable, surprised how little i ached. Road in trainers as my shoes are delivered thursday. Just need decent gloves as suffered with my hands
Im glad it all worked out for ya, now for a 40 mile ride then.

Top Bottom