Just ordered a Trek Domane 4.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask them for the best strap pedals then. personally, clipless are far simpler than straps, especially the SPD type. Are you going to be riding in heavy traffic a lot?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Thread hijack! Great choice on bike, I have a question for current Domane owners! Have any of you fitted standard mudguards using the hidden mudguard mounts on the Domane, and if yes was it a good standard fit?

vickster

Legendary Member
If it's purely for leisure and nit commuting, I'd go clipless if they are offering pedals. The little shimano spd m520 or similar are a popular choice. Ask the shop if they can do a deal on some shoes too and fit the cleats and help you adjust

Lee_M

Guru
another vote for clipless.

Not sure why people worry, it took me about 5 minutes to get used to them, and I've only fallen off clipped in once and that was because I was so keen to get into the cafe for cake!

OP
OP
K

Kev ducky

Regular
Picked up my bike this afternoon. I was that excited, stopped the car on the way , got the bike out and went for a swim. Got about 500m. Bloody freezing. Got back quick. Will try tomoz when i am more prepared. I got the SPD pedals, had no choice they only had those

I bought a pair of the muddyfox rs300 from sportsdirect. I know they are cheapos but will do until i am sure what to buy

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Picked up my bike this afternoon. I was that excited, stopped the car on the way , got the bike out and went for a swim. Got about 500m. Bloody freezing. Got back quick. Will try tomoz when i am more prepared. I got the SPD pedals, had no choice they only had those

I bought a pair of the muddyfox rs300 from sportsdirect. I know they are cheapos but will do until i am sure what to buy

WTF? lol

vickster

Legendary Member
Must have been raining? :rain:

Andy_G

The riding position is a little more up right, and with the ISO bits and bobs its more comfortable to ride.
I know people will come along and say the ISO stuff is all a gimmick, but in my opinion it works and maybe other Domane owners will back me up.

OP
OP
K

Kev ducky

Regular
Took it out for 30 mins this morning. Well wrapped up but bloody freezing. My hands were a bit sore with probably leaning on the handle bars, but apart from that it was a lovely ride. Need to get use to the traffic though

Lee_M

Guru
I test rode a madone and a domane, on exactly the same roads on the same day,

the difference in comfort was chalk and cheese

I bought the domane!

Top Bottom