just re rimmed my rear brompton wheel..but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've put on a new rim (16 inch) on the rear of my brompton. i've dished it so it is in the middle of the rear triangle. except when i built the bike back up, the rim is not in the middle of the rear brake or mudguard. i've checked and it is still in the middle of the frame.

i'm going to have to back of the dish by about 15mm. will it make any difference to the bike? it did approx 8000 miles as it was. or am i missing something? it's as though the brake bridge has been drilled off centre.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sure the old rim wasn't offset big un?

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
yeah,

done that. must be the build quality of the brompton. could be the rear forks are slightly out, they have retaining washers. the bike did 8000 miles on the last rim being out, so i guess it will be ok.

when i've built up wheels in the past, i've just dished them centre of the frame and everythings been ok.

RedBike

Are you sure you haven't just knocked the mud-guard/brake?

When i've built wheels in the past i've always dished the wheel so the rim is in the middle of the lock nuts (not the hubs flanges).

The Brompton obviously folds so is it possible that the frame is a-symetrical to aid folding?

Top Bottom