Just seen this car on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Doubt it you've gone from diesel to petrol,
What do you mean?🤔

Cerdic

When the petrol cap is locked in place, the outer part is loose and swivels about. The inner part is locked onto the filler tube and seals the hole.

Its the same concept that VW used to use…

midlife

Guru
Yes, it is.

My current car is a 2014 Ford Ka, probably made at the same Polish Fiat Factory and share lots of common parts. The 1.2 engine isn't as economical in the real world as the manufacturer says. More style over substance lol. Mind you the 500 HAS *WAY* more style than my Ka!

Cerdic

So no fuel evaporation then? 🤔

Unlikely, I would think.

My wife is on her third 500 and has got 50+ mpg from all of them. Her main use is a 20 mile commute mostly on A roads, so that probably helps.

Have you looked at the mpg readout on the dash?

D

Deleted member 26715

What do you mean?🤔
Diesels on the whole tend to be more frugal on fuel as they don't rev as fast or used to, they also have more low down torque so makes for a lazy driver which is why I like them, with a petrol you have to pedal up & down the gearbox more, so you may have to adapt your driving style. But short journeys make a huge difference, wife's Rav4 2.2 diesel on a 200 mile run will give 55mpg+ to the gallon, seen it as high as 57.8mpg, but it's mainly used on short journeys, the main one less than a mile & back, on that it's down to 40mpg.

But putting £10 or £20 & going from light to light as I've said before is no real indication as you are not allowing for the damper effect on the fuel level.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My current car is a 2014 Ford Ka, probably made at the same Polish Fiat Factory and share lots of common parts. The 1.2 engine isn't as economical in the real world as the manufacturer says. More style over substance lol. Mind you the 500 HAS *WAY* more style than my Ka!
Yes, i agree about the Fiat having more style than the KA. This was taken this aft'. They are quite similar in many ways and I'd say that Ford KA would look nearly as 'cool' as my 500C If it had a sunroof/roll back top!

1650307549942.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom