Just seen this car on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It reached 75,000 miles yesterday. :cheers:

1649642072036.png

1649642269977.png

Not much before it reached 75,000 that 'fuel running low' sign on the left appeared. I drove to the about a half a mile away fuel station and put a tenner in. I'm going to see how many miles it gets me. I think that going off the last top up, it'll be about 45 miles before the sign reappears.🤔

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Accy cyclist i bet all your neighbours want lifts in that for sure ^_^

D

Deleted member 26715

Not much before it reached 75,000 that 'fuel running low' sign on the left appeared. I drove to the about a half a mile away fuel station and put a tenner in. I'm going to see how many miles it gets me. I think that going off the last top up, it'll be about 45 miles before the sign reappears.🤔
LOL, the thing I'm currently driving wouldn't get off the forecourt before coming back on for £10, or at least it seems that way.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
LOL, the thing I'm currently driving wouldn't get off the forecourt before coming back on for £10, or at least it seems that way.
Someone else laughed the other day when I said I'd put a tenner in to see how far the car would go on it. I still think 10 quid's worth of fuel is a lot!:whistle: After all, I used to put £2.50 of 4 star every fortnight in my British Leyland Minis...albeit in the 1970's/early 80's.:okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It reached 75,000 miles yesterday. :cheers:

View attachment 639450

View attachment 639451

:ohmy:

1649805501989.png

Not too good I'd say! 🧐 I've been keeping the rev' counter down below three, as much as possible and half of those miles have been done 'cruising' on an A road. Yes, I know petrol is expensive now, but it's cheaper than diesel and I reckon my Mini D was better on fuel consumption.🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
DOB ✔️
Dad's middle name ✔️
star sign ✔️
make of first car ✔️

Accy, what's...
the street you grew up on
mother's maiden name
favourite teacher

asking for a friend :smile:
I was brought up on that red bricked street in the background. ;)

1649819931885.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Not too good I'd say! 🧐 I've been keeping the rev' counter down below three, as much as possible and half of those miles have been done 'cruising' on an A road. Yes, I know petrol is expensive now, but it's cheaper than diesel and I reckon my Mini D was better on fuel consumption.🤔
You can't use the fuel light as a judge, the only true way is to fill it up to the brim, drive it until the light comes on & then fill it up to the brim on the same pump as before.

But rough guesstimates £10 is about 5.6L which is 1.25 gallons allowing for error in when the light comes on is around 40 to the gallon, which if you have been doing short journeys on cold mornings isn't too bad.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
My first motorbike didn't have a fuel gauge or a fuel light. Just a reserve tank which you had to turn on with a little tap under the petrol tank when the engine started to cough. Not easy while on the move and wearing winter gloves!

D

Deleted member 26715

My first motorbike didn't have a fuel gauge or a fuel light. Just a reserve tank which you had to turn on with a little tap under the petrol tank when the engine started to cough. Not easy while on the move and wearing winter gloves!
Or when you'd turned it onto reserve instead of main when you first got on

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But rough guesstimates £10 is about 5.6L which is 1.25 gallons allowing for error in when the light comes on is around 40 to the gallon, which if you have been doing short journeys on cold mornings isn't too bad.
How about this theory about my much higher than expected fuel consumption. Today as I put another tenner's worth in I noticed how loose and wobbly the petrol cap is. I'm thinking that the petrol is evaporating/escaping through that loose fuel cap.🤔

Top Bottom