Just seen this car on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Instead, I'm going to try and get the oily fingerprints off that nice cream leather steering wheel, caused by those mechanics dirty fingers.:ohmy: Fairy liquid on a dampened bar towel should do the trick.🧐
if the fingerprints were not there before you viewed it i wouldn't have left the garage until they had sorted it in the 1st place , very poor

DRM

Guru
I mentioned earlier in the thread about using Duraglit to try and get that exhaust tail pipe thingy polished up, but I remembered after that I have some Autosol from years ago which I'd use to polish chrome bits on my bikes.

View attachment 638957

The product below is ok if you use it by mistake on chrome, but if you reverse the mistake it might require immediate medical attention!!🧐
View attachment 638955
That reminds me, I called into the chemist on the way home to collect SWMBO prescription, whilst waiting a bloke came in went to the shelf with various creams and potions, picked 2 boxes up, went to the door and shouted at a woman in the car park, that they’ve got these, ones a cream the others a pessary which do you want? I think she was wishing the earth would swallow her up as this is what he was waving around and shouting which do you want
1649350491044.jpeg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
if the fingerprints were not there before you viewed it i wouldn't have left the garage until they had sorted it in the 1st place , very poor
They weren't oil marks/prints. As soon as I started to wipe the wheel the marks came off. Probably just daily dirt, but at least they weren't oil marks that could've left a permanent mark. The rest of the car was clean when I bought it, but with having the roof open the dust and stuff will soon build up.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did you visit the famous sausage shop, I've not been up there for a few months now?
No, but I drove past it. Clitheroe's not a town you can easily park in, as you probably know. I did buy some the other week when I had a walk round the castle and castle street itself. Beef and tomato if I remember rightly.🤔 Expensive, but hardly any fat came out and the meat wasn't that mushy mince stuff.:okay:

That bay I parked in yesterday as you'll also probably know is near the library and the White Lion pub. You're only allowed half an hour and there's wardens constantly on patrol in the town during shop opening times. It'd take me more than half an hour to limp up the hill and back to Cowman's.:laugh:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
No, but I drove past it. Clitheroe's not a town you can easily park in, as you probably know. I did buy some the other week when I had a walk round the castle and castle street itself. Beef and tomato if I remember rightly.🤔 Expensive, but hardly any fat came out and the meat wasn't that mushy mince stuff.:okay:

That bay I parked in yesterday as you'll also probably know is near the library and the White Lion pub. You're only allowed half an hour and there's wardens constantly on patrol in the town during shop opening times. It'd take me more than half an hour to limp up the hill and back to Cowman's.:laugh:
Weren’t you applying for a blue badge?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Weren’t you applying for a blue badge?
I know, I should have one but not yet. I'm waiting for the result of my CT Scan which I'll get this coming Monday. If I have osteoarthritis, that should allow me to get one. I was only 1 point off automatic qualification with my PIP result last year, so having proof of osteoarthritis should sway it.

Tom...

Guru
Because that's Abarth's logo.

Is this a trick question? :wacko:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Because that's Abarth's logo.

Is this a trick question? :wacko:
Yes but why is it the logo?🤔

Ok, I'll tell you.:okay:

Carlo Abarth​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Carlo_Abarth.jpg
Carlo Alberto Abarth
Carlo Abarth (15 November 1908 – 24 October 1979), born Karl Albert Abarth, was an Italian automobile designer.

He has/had the same birthday as me, albeit 52 years earlier. Hence the Scorpio astrological sign being chosen for the car. :thanks:

Seeing as we share the same birthday and his middle name is the same as my late dad's, maybe this is/was an omen for me to buy an Abarth and not a 500C?🤔

Tom...

Guru
You asked why they have a scorpion badge, and not a Fiat badge. You didn't ask why they have a scorpion as their logo :okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then on the other hand I've always liked Fiat 500's and as I've posted before I like 'soft tops'. Ok, cream or off white wouldn't be my choice of colour, yellow or that wonderful Bianchi celeste:becool: are my favourites but at least the Fiat isn't grey or black!:stop:What might decide it for me is this pic' of the Fiat's rear. I love the much wider at the bottom than the top look (like a Mini) and that folded back top to me looks so stylish!

View attachment 637465
1649639509275.png

I think a bit of Duraglit would bring that exhaust pipe up nice and shiny.:okay:

1649646332474.png

I used some Autosol and an old white sports sock on it yesterday. I'm quite pleased with the result, but I think a bit of Duraglit's more abrasive 'wadding' you get in the tin might've brought it up a bit more. 🤔

1649641257459.png

1649639245040.png

Edit...That black patch on the right is bugging me! How did I miss that bit!🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom