Just when you though it was safe... another positive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
"He says that it was for cramps, but that he forgot to tell the team doctor," - Bad memory I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I stopped watching when Saunier Duval pulled out. I say that the tour needs a year off like the Glasto fest and needs to take a long hard look at itself and make drastic changes. Much of it and bike racing in general is deadly dull, their has been an unacceptable number of doping violations ,the man on the street cannot relate to it as the bikes etc are so expensive. It will become a dead sport if it doesn't modernize. Look at cricket and how that has adapted to the modern era with the 20 - 20 format and cleaned up its act.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Ludwig said:
Much of it and bike racing in general is deadly dull, their has been an unacceptable number of doping violations ,the man on the street cannot relate to it as the bikes etc are so expensive.

That's like saying the average man on the street doesn't like formula 1 because he owns a mondeo!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ludwig said:
I stopped watching when Saunier Duval pulled out. I say that the tour needs a year off like the Glasto fest and needs to take a long hard look at itself and make drastic changes. Much of it and bike racing in general is deadly dull, their has been an unacceptable number of doping violations ,the man on the street cannot relate to it as the bikes etc are so expensive. It will become a dead sport if it doesn't modernize. Look at cricket and how that has adapted to the modern era with the 20 - 20 format and cleaned up its act.
To the man on the street any bike over £250 is too expensive. As for "Too many doping violations", just wait for the Olympics.

Your apparant claim that cricket is more exciting than cycling was a joke, right?

Tetedelacourse

I personally wouldn't see much point in posting in a racing section of a cycling forum if I wasn't a fan of pro cycling. Maybe he races, but I've never seen a post from him along those lines.

Andy Pandy

I don't think Ludwig was suggesting that cricket was more exciting than pro cycling, just that cricket has changed and evolved to increase public interest (i.e. 20/20). Maybe cycling could learn something from cricket. Its hardly a mass spectator sport in the UK or Ireland. My only chance of seeing live pro cycling in Ireland would be to drive several hundred miles to watch a stage of the ToI.

Top Bottom