Justifying buying a new bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falsesummat

I currently have a George Lomgstaff compact audax, 1995 vintage. Triple Centaur chainset50,39,26 cassette, ten speed 13/26 , and Rivendell bar end shifters as the ergo shifters didn't synch with 10 Veloce that I fitted new in 2018. RX100 brakes.
The gears work as do the brakes and the bike is comfortable.
I have a cross bike fitted with shimano 7000 series 105, hydraulic brakes. The shifting and braking is superlative. SO, I'd really like a Fairlight Strael with Shimano 7000 / 105.
For allegedly better handling, definitely better shifting and braking and also greater tyre clearance from 28c to 36c without mudguards. I'm 60 and view this as my forever bike.
What should I do? Doubt anyone else has had this dilemma

rivers

How far can I go?
If you want it and can afford it, buy it. N+1 and all that

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Even if you press the button on one it might some time until you’ll see it :sad:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I currently have a George Lomgstaff compact audax, 1995 vintage. Triple Centaur chainset50,39,26 cassette, ten speed 13/26 , and Rivendell bar end shifters as the ergo shifters didn't synch with 10 Veloce that I fitted new in 2018. RX100 brakes.
The gears work as do the brakes and the bike is comfortable.
I have a cross bike fitted with shimano 7000 series 105, hydraulic brakes. The shifting and braking is superlative. SO, I'd really like a Fairlight Strael with Shimano 7000 / 105.
For allegedly better handling, definitely better shifting and braking and also greater tyre clearance from 28c to 36c without mudguards. I'm 60 and view this as my forever bike.
What should I do? Doubt anyone else has had this dilemma
You can never have too many bikes :bicycle:
If you can afford it, go get it.

Top Bottom