Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
85 miles in the bag for Kajsa on day 42, only 323 days to go!

upload_2016-2-12_8-41-26.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If she's in the East Midlands today I don't envy her, bloody freezing and it was chucking it down on the way into work this morning

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sounds a fair decision to me. Doing something like this has to be as much for yourself as it is for the record books so you surely have to be happy with how it was achieved as well as with the achievement itself.

Go Kajsa.:bravo:

Gez73

Veteran
Solid judgment, let Guinness decide how to award the title. She has planned this her own way and that should be how she achieves it. Best of luck and well done on a tough decision well made! Gez

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Great decision. Billie didnt have anyone to draft off and her gear was far less sophisicated. Im sure Kajsa can do this without drafting.

If at some stage she has to just to get the record I think she will be gutted. I wouldnt volunteer to be the first person to get in front of her. Now the option to draft is there, it is going to be hard for Kajsa to resist when the going gets tough. Not drafting has become just as big as the challenge now.

Great to see Kajsa and mum laughing again.

We are all behind you Kajsa.........Literally.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kajsa is still suffering from sore legs, and a challenge like this doesn't give much scope for recovery. Remember she doesn't have years of audax to fall back on like Steve - she's a triathlete, albeit one with bucketloads of determination. So this will be a voyage of discovery. Go KT!

A cold 70 miler today.
Day 44 - brrrrrrrrrrrr, ouch, rumble, ouch. Too cold to eat and legs are sore, sore, sore!
Kajsa Tylen 113.3km

A
nd for your delectation and delight here's another potentially inaccurate graph. This time showing her daily rate required for the Dovey record

upload_2016-2-13_16-42-7.png

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 45 and despite sore legs which sees her cutting the ride a little shorter than planned, Kajsa adds a 76 miles to the years total.

upload_2016-2-15_8-26-37.png

^ it was a really lovely ride yesterday (Sunday). There were 5/6 of us throughout and 3 of us went on to a century. It was great to meet Kajsa and have a nice long chat. Everyone kept me going when i felt bad which really helped!

Not sure what else I want to add, I really enjoyed myself and really believe that Kajsa will get the record.

Top Bottom