Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder if this could make Kajsa's attempt easier going forward. Avoiding headwinds is a massive benefit in this windy Isle.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Just to add that Jo is running a chart on the Dovey record, just like his Godwin one, tough you'll have to change the settings to get the right graph
http://gicentre.org/oytt/

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 27 see's another shorter one with 54 miles added to the totals.

upload_2016-1-29_8-12-29.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Its a bit worrying that she is suffering from an overuse knee problem. But she seems to be pretty wise in not fighting battles that she doesn't have to so she can throw in shorter days when the weather or her knee demands.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
upload_2016-1-29_8-31-45.png

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Its a bit worrying that she is suffering from an overuse knee problem. But she seems to be pretty wise in not fighting battles that she doesn't have to so she can throw in shorter days when the weather or her knee demands.
Yes she doesn't seem to be doing anything particulaly daft does she, getting extra miles in when the going's good, and then throttling back if she needs/wants to.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt
13 hrs ·
A nice little blog about the first day of my challenge - thanks, Jack! smile emoticon (why the link says Kajsa Tewin I've no idea, doesn't say it anywhere on the page!)

oPTDvWunkqL&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffarm2.staticflickr.com%2F1682%2F24536812085_56e28e2827.jpg
Kajsa Tewin - Year in the Saddle - Day 1 Ride
A Year in the Saddle will give you all the details, 29,603 miles in a year to beat the current recognised women's Year mileage record, easy hey! So 2016 begins and I'm looking for a big ride to sta...
burlycross.wordpress.com

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Agreed, doing 10 mile pretty pan flat loops today in the massive winds is another example. If I wasn't busy this morning I'd have headed up to meet her.
That's right, here it is in case anybody else feels like a spin with Kajsa today.

A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt

11 hrs ·
Because of the weather forecast, I will be doing this loop all day... Yes, I may be brain dead after a short while, so if anyone fancies keeping me company for a loop or two, I'd appreciate it! It's so I'm close to home should I need to call it a day.

2uaxijpm6.cloudfront.net%2Fassets%2Fwebsite%2Fmobile%2Ficon-app-58899e9f5d745473721ac180538dd2f0.png
Windy loop | Strava Route
https://www.strava.com/routes/4031488
www.strava.com

Yeah, her vlogs are saying a lot about how she is feeling on a day. I think with 'only' 81 miles a day needed, she feels that doing 50-60 makes sense when the conditions require it. It's a lot different to needing 205 miles a day!!

Top Bottom