Katie Price needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I don't think anyone suggesting locking her up for good. All previous attempts along the same lines have have failed.

And I think there are broader societal issues.
  1. Are ordinary citizens given similar judgement.
  2. When does a custodial sentence come into play for repeat offenders
  3. What happens if someone cannot afford to undergo treatment at a private entity.
  4. Have they considered lives are at stake as she has not shown any change after 6 times.
From the responses here there is genuine concern. And I don't think any of your responses have thrown much light to address them.
Thing is, locking people up has to be for good if that's going to be 'the solution' to protection, because it sure as heck isn't going to help offenders like KP, whose behaviour appears to be linked to a significant degree to her personal problems, and in particular her addictions.

1. As far as I am aware, yes, unless someone can show me otherwise.
2. I really don't know - but increasing levels of incarceration don't seem effective to me, I think it's seldom the answer, and highly unlikely to be so for this individual.
3. There is precious little help available. I am hopeful that Johnson's recent announcement will be carried through and interventions will be put in place. For once I believe some of the stats quoted at launch about drugs et al being responsible for the preponderance of offending.
4. I'm sure that has been considered. On balance she was given a final chance, reading the comments regarding sentencing.

I'm sorry you feel my responses haven't thrown any light on matters - to be frank, I have been more concerned to provide a counterpoint to the unedifying 'pile on' that the thread has often represented - up to and including some very unpleasant commentary on Katie Price as an individual which have no relevance whatsoever to matters being discussed.

What are your thoughts?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems we’re not the only ones who think her sentence was too light:

Superintendent James Collis, Head of Roads Policing for Sussex Police and Surrey Police, said: 'Today's sentencing, as the judge explained, could have and should have been much worse and, in our view, Price is extremely lucky not to be spending Christmas behind bars.

'Given the circumstances and her history of motoring offences, it's clear she did not consider the risk of her actions to the wider public or the implications for her own family. We are now exploring whether we can appeal this sentence.'

Cirrus

Veteran
It appears akin to a parent telling a misbehaving child that they will ground them if they keep misbehaving, over and over The child continues to misbehave and the parent keeps saying they will take action but doesn't go through with it.

At some point the consequences need to be implemented.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It appears akin to a parent telling a misbehaving child that they will ground them if they keep misbehaving, over and over The child continues to misbehave and the parent keeps saying they will take action but doesn't go through with it.

At some point the consequences need to be implemented.
They do, I agree.

They won't help, but that's the way it is with the system as it is. I hope she takes this last chance offered to her.

Cirrus

Veteran
They do, I agree.

They won't help, but that's the way it is with the system as it is. I hope she takes this last chance offered to her.
I too hope she takes this chance offered to her, the consequences may not help, but there again, it's clear that what's been happening so far definitely hasn't worked.

I'm not overly keen on a custodial sentence for what is an addiction (and most likely a mental health/depression) issue, however the stark reality of facing time in prison may have a sobering effect.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I too hope she takes this chance offered to her, the consequences may not help, but there again, it's clear that what's been happening so far definitely hasn't worked.

I'm not overly keen on a custodial sentence for what is an addiction (and most likely a mental health/depression) issue, however the stark reality of facing time in prison may have a sobering effect.
It's a point I made earlier via a cliche. I dearly hope so, for the sake of all concerned

An absolute car crash .... and her vehicle didn't fare too well either.
1639658737250.png

Judge: 'You have one of the worst driving records I have seen. Your actions meant all three emergency services had to use up their resources to deal with you. If that was not bad enough you were disqualified from driving at the time.'

I like this bit:
“You appear to think you are above the law,” the judge told Price. "Who do you think you are, one of the Royals? The president of America? No, you are an ex-model!"
They are one of the few public officials who seem happy - when the time is right - to utterly speak their mind. And from a poistion of knowledge and experience.

:okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
including some very unpleasant commentary on Katie Price as an individual which have no relevance whatsoever to matters being discussed.
What?
Her character is of absolute relevance here. If she could be relied upon to comply with her driving ban, then fair enough. But she has shown that she considers herself above the law in that she drives while banned from doing so by a court order. And does so after drinking, and manages to crash her car. She is an arrogant, spoilt, self important, attention obsessed airhead. And that's me toning it down.

As for you not considering that locking her up works. What do you suggest? Another driving ban for her to ignore? She's had more chances than she deserves. I agree that sometimes imprisonment doesn't work, but that's only because it is no longer the short sharp shock that some need. Don't make life so easy for them, and they won't want to go anywhere near a prison cell again.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
What?
Her character is of absolute relevance here. If she could be relied upon to comply with her driving ban, then fair enough. But she has shown that she considers herself above the law in that she drives while banned from doing so by a court order. And does so after drinking, and manages to crash her car. She is an arrogant, spoilt, self important, attention obsessed airhead. And that's me toning it down.

As for you not considering that locking her up works. What do you suggest? Another driving ban for her to ignore? She's had more chances than she deserves. I agree that sometimes imprisonment doesn't work, but that's only because it is no longer the short sharp shock that some need. Don't make life so easy for them, and they won't want to go anywhere near a prison cell again.
We disagree. We first disagreed on posts 3 & 4 of the thread.

I've nothing to add, and I don't expect to influence you in any way.

DRM

Guru
No license and jail, for us plebs matey, unless you've got air bag boobies and lips !
Don’t forget being the mother of a disabled teenager, who she never gave a second thought about whilst driving with no license, no insurance, drunk, with cocaine in her system in order to go purchase more drugs

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Don’t forget being the mother of a disabled teenager, who she never gave a second thought about whilst driving with no license, no insurance, drunk, with cocaine in her system in order to go purchase more drugs
People who have addictions are like that - not susceptible to reason like you or I. It's possible to be both a committed and loving mother - and reports indicate that she is - and a person in the grip of addiction.

Top Bottom