Katie Price needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Just saying, I have no idea how she get's away with this. You or I would be banged up and the licence revoked. She is also suppsed to be bankrupt, so the money for the houses/cars/ legal is coming from somewhere.

Whats wrong with just admitting you were an idiot behind a wheel.... TBH it's many times to get 6 bans, many times, !
You know she turned herself in a couple of times? She knows full well that she's an individual with issues, which she's admitted. Presumably the intervening time between conviction and sentence she's done what she promised and got treatment, hence the non-custodial sentence. I hope she's successful, because that's the best remedy here IMHO.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I hope she's successful too but I wouldn't like to put money on her not re-offending.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
There is no way, a 'pleb in the street' would be still driving with 6 bans in their mid 40's - 6 bans in say 25 years, that's going some.
I thought it was 6 bans in only 10 years, so I wonder exactly what the defence barrister meant by a "one-off incident" FFS!!!!!!

The full details as reported by the press are horrific, and my logs show I cycled through her neighbourhood 3 times in the month of her crash, both in daylight and at night. I don't kid myself that she's the only danger on the roads, but it's terrifying to think of sharing tarmac with such a menace. And horrifying that sentencing has not been a deterrent.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I hope she's successful too but I wouldn't like to put money on her not re-offending.
No, we know that the biggest single indicator of an offender is a previous offence. But she is trying to break the cycle. Hopefully this time she's got to the edge of the precipice and looked over, to coin the phrase.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You know she turned herself in a couple of times? She knows full well that she's an individual with issues, which she's admitted.

Stay away from a killing machine then.

I've got my own issues with my son that thinks he can do what he likes - run up 4 points already and a speed awareness in two years. The conversation's don't go well in this house given how many times I've been hospitalised by drivers on my bike. I have no sympathy. I wish my son would be banned at present with 4 points (saw the evidence on social media after the police did). Drivers like Katie and my own son need taking off the road.

He was affected by my life changing injuries, but won't settle down - a car is a utility, it's not a play thing, unless on a track.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Stay away from a killing machine then.

I've got my own issues with my son that thinks he can do what he likes - run up 4 points already and a speed awareness in two years. The conversation's don't go well in this house given how many times I've been hospitalised by drivers on my bike. I have no sympathy. I wish my son would be banned at present with 4 points (saw the evidence on social media after the police did). Drivers like Katie and my own son need taking off the road.

He was affected by my life changing injuries, but won't settle down - a car is a utility, it's not a play thing, unless on a track.
She has driven whilst banned - taken off the road, if you like. It is linked to her addiction (s?) Do we simply incarcerate her indefinitely? Or does she need to address her issues, which she's trying to do, might that be the most sustainable solution?

Life's not always susceptible to soundbites.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
She has driven whilst banned - taken off the road, if you like. It is linked to her addiction (s?) Do we simply incarcerate her indefinitely? Or does she need to address her issues, which she's trying to do, might that be the most sustainable solution?

Life's not always susceptible to soundbites.

Basically, as someone who mirraculously avoided permanent wheel chair use, by about 1mm, YES. Sorry. She's only being told she's not fit to drive - I wish more folk would be, having nearly been hit by an M3 driver being a idiot in Manchester at weekend (I was walking).

Absolutely no sympathy here, I'm living with life changing injuries. Mostly OK with it, but simple maintaining a flaming car causes massive back issues for me. Chucking myself up and down a mountain on MTB's or road bikes doesn't affect my back so bad - back is wrecked because of idiot drivers.
We need to get all of the idiot s banned...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You can murder people in a car and get away with it.
I know what you mean and I agree to a point, but it's not classed as murder if it wasn't the driver's intention to deliberately kill the victim. Those like the narcissist (Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration) KP get pissed and coked up then drive, but if they kill someone when under the influence get away with it as 'they didn't intend to kill' that someone. It'd only be murder if it was a deliberate hit and run, which is usually proven as murder if/when the driver of the vehicle knew or knew of the victim(s). Or if it was 'terrorist related'.

Last edited:
Do we simply incarcerate her indefinitely? Or does she need to address her issues, which she's trying to do, might that be the most sustainable solution?
I don't think anyone suggesting locking her up for good. All previous attempts along the same lines have have failed.

And I think there are broader societal issues.
  1. Are ordinary citizens given similar judgement.
  2. When does a custodial sentence come into play for repeat offenders
  3. What happens if someone cannot afford to undergo treatment at a private entity.
  4. Have they considered lives are at stake as she has not shown any change after 6 times.
From the responses here there is genuine concern. And I don't think any of your responses have thrown much light to address them.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I don't think anyone suggesting locking her up for good. All previous attempts along the same lines have have failed.

And I think there are broader societal issues.
  1. Are ordinary citizens given similar judgement.
  2. When does a custodial sentence come into play for repeat offenders
  3. What happens if someone cannot afford to undergo treatment at a private entity.
  4. Have they considered lives are at stake as she has not shown any change after 6 times.
From the responses here there is genuine concern. And I don't think any of your responses have thrown much light to address them.
Are sentencing remarks routinely issued by Magistrates Courts? Might answer some of the questions.
If you can't afford rehab, the NHS can help with addiction (possibly by referral to a relevant charity).

Drug addiction not fair being sent to prison for crime? Just how many people got sent to prison for crimes against property whilst under the influence no control of drugs? Is crimes against property considered more worthy of sending drug addicts to jail than crimes against the courts (driving whilst banned) or against the person (injuring someone with your driving, not sure she's done that this time).

The answer is obviously yes. Crimes against property seem to be more likely to get the addict into prison. There's a good priority for starters. That's before you look at the actual history of the people going into prison and not. Spoilt narcissist gets a slap on the wrist she ignores, poverty drug addict gets prison. Justice served!

As to humanity. She's had 6 bans, rehab and a load of other things. I've lost my humanity to her now. Take her away is my view.

Top Bottom