Katie Price needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yep like that's gonna stop her driving when she's 'coked up' and drunk :cursing:

Indeed, and a point which has been made dozens of times in this thread.

For the public to assess if Price is dealt with appropriately, they need to know what can be done legally.

The severest sanction is six months in prison and a five year disqualification.

Realistically, she's already at a starting point of about four months, thanks to her guilty plea.

Thus about the most even a harsh magistrate could do is lock her up for around three months and ban her for maybe four years.

If the public thinks that's inadequate - even if it happens - then the sentencing regime for driving offences needs changing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I suspect she will have been advised by her lawyer to do it and the same with the immediate guilty plea. If the rehab resolves serious issues that contributed to her actions then yes everybody wins. I do believe rehabilitation is better in general than straight punishments which do little to resolve underlying problems.
How many times is it now that she's checked into The Priory? Checking into HMs rehabilitation centre might be the best and maybe last resort.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My take on this is she'll get a suspended sentence* with 3-year ban for the guilty plea.

* Which will be invoked when she's stupid enough to drive again.
But only if she gets CAUGHT driving. She could quite easily drive all she likes, as the chances of detection are slim. She was only caught this time because she crashed her car to the extent that it was unable to be driven back home, or that is exactly what she would have done and nobody would have been any the wiser. And I doubt very much that this drive was a one off.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My take on this is she'll get a suspended sentence* with 3-year ban for the guilty plea.

* Which will be invoked when she's stupid enough to drive again.

Almost correct! 👏

She only got a 2-year disqualification and a 16 week suspended sentence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-59643479

" Katie Price has been given a 16-week suspended jail term after admitting drink-driving while disqualified and without insurance following a crash.
The former model was arrested after crashing her car near Partridge Green in West Sussex.
Price, 43, admitted all charges at Crawley Magistrates' Court on 29 September.
She was sentenced at the same court on Wednesday.
District Judge Amanda Kelly, who also handed Price a two-year driving ban, said Price was lucky to not be going to prison.
She described Price's actions as "incredibly selfish" and said she showed "no concern for the lives of others", adding that she "could have easily killed somebody".
Price has already been banned from driving on five separate occasions, with Ms Kelly describing it as "one of the worst driving records I have seen"."

Any bets on her doing it again and going to prison? I reckon it's almost certain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Certain she'll get another ban. Five previous bans, isn't it time to throw away the license ?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
However I am increasingly worried that she will end up as the next tabloid victim as her life spirals totally out of control and she has nowhere else to turn.
Sadly I think she became a "tabloid victim" many years ago by allowing herself to be persuaded that the best way to progress in life was to dephile herself with enormous fake comedy tits and flaunt them in the gutter press.

After swimming in that cess pool for two decades I don't think there's any hope for her tbh.

Top Bottom