Katie Price needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate
The USA's model remarkable in its ineffectiveness, I'd suggest.

Addicts are highly unlikely to respond to jail time. Whilst it's attractive, at least superficially, to put people away because we're protected, it's unsustainable. With addicts the best option is to rehabilitate - everyone wins that way, or to prevent, perhaps by using technology to constrain individuals without having them languish in jail, doing no good, and costing huge amounts of the public purse.

I would buy into that, and, not just for addicts. I would agree, Prison is an expensive way is an expensive way to keep them off the streets, so, if there is a cheaper and equally effective way to do it, fine by me. If some re-hab can be achieved as well, great that is a bonus.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I would buy into that, and, not just for addicts. I would agree, Prison is an expensive way is an expensive way to keep them off the streets, so, if there is a cheaper and equally effective way to do it, fine by me. If some re-hab can be achieved as well, great that is a bonus.
We've reached a point of violent agreement :smile:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Do you think she wouldn't buy or borrow another car regardless of pleading poverty if hers was crushed?.

Of course she would, and drive that one under the influence of drink and drugs yet again.
That's why I said that they need to be crushed each and every time, irrespective of ownership. Supply would dry up pdq

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The price of narcissistic celebrity is the need to constantly be on the front page of the media. Katie Price and Trump have similar characteristics... that need forces them to do dafter and dafter things.

I would agree with taking the vehicle
crushing doesn't matter - selling would be fine and rused to recoup funds
the ownekr thne need to sue the leasee to get cost back
might stop her 'friends' letting her dribe their cats when they know she is banned

as far as 'one more chance' goes
that was some time ago - she was told the consequences of doingi again
and she did it anyway
this is not mental health - it is entitlement - of course she is upset and stressed about it
she got caught

she knew the consequences
she thought they didn;t apply to her -or that she NEEDED to be able to drive

she was wrong and only a severe punishment will change her mind

maybe that is prison

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The price of narcissistic celebrity is the need to constantly be on the front page of the media. Katie Price and Trump have similar characteristics... that need forces them to do dafter and dafter things.
She's a very different animal I'd suggest. Trump believes in his image - it is him. KP's is artifice, and the real individual is rather different.

She's a very different animal I'd suggest. Trump believes in his image - it is him. KP's is artifice, and the real individual is rather different.
What would you suggest as an immediate way to treat her case in terms of her own safety. The previous visit to the same clinic failed. And the clinic is well regarded.

In the unlikely event of a custodial sentence, Price will be a short term prisoner and will become part of the general women's population.

As an aside, the highest security category one for women was abolished a few years ago.

Someone at the Prison Service worked out that while the likes of Rose West is among the nastiest of criminals, as a woman, she doesn't need the highest walls and thickest bars to keep her locked up.

Locally to me, that saw the end of 'she wing' in Durham's town jail which was a prison inside a prison.
Agree and the suggestion that all places of custody is a drug supermarket is a stretch.

Top Bottom