Katie Price needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Answer a question with a question, cool:okay:
I'm not asking how to motivate anyone in those terms, my question was fairly straightforward.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Answer a question with a question, cool:okay:
I'm not asking how to motivate anyone in those terms, my question was fairly straightforward.
….and I’m not arguing which seems to be the usual in here these days. I stated that many had no intention of even trying to get their lives in order and that resources are being wasted on them. My view and I’ll say no more.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
So she admits taking cocaine and driving!
Her solicitor says she has a lot of problems including bancruptcy proceedings against her? So she has financial problems but she can afford to spend money on Cocaine? Not only that but she has the means to attend the Priory for treatment? Mmm. I`m pretty sure a stay at the Priory is far beyond the means of the vast majority of people!
I`m sorry but I have no sympathy for this woman whatsoever!
I sense it's not a discretionary purchase for her. Addiction's like that - certainly it was when I worked for the Priory Group.

Hicky

Guru
….and I’m not arguing which seems to be the usual in here these days. I stated that many had no intention of even trying to get their lives in order and that resources are being wasted on them. My view and I’ll say no more.
I have no desire to argue, believe me. As for wasting resources too I agree however what would be a revolving door policy of re offending and incarceration seems futile. How do you resolve this(rhetorical btw) to save our tax money.

I have no desire to argue, believe me. As for wasting resources too I agree however what would be a revolving door policy of re offending and incarceration seems futile. How do you resolve this(rhetorical btw) to save our tax money.
What do you suggest for someone who is a recalcitrant?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I'll bite.

Remove society privileges. Driving licence the first to go. She's a danger to herself and others. I think we are beyond the speed awareness courses for this lass.
A ban on buying alcohol, shouldn't be difficult for off licences to recognise her and close group of family and friends.
A curfew with an electronic tag would probably be in order too.

Seems like she needs motivating to do the right thing and all of the above would protect her and others around her until she decides to. By the right thing so we are clear, it is obeying the law, protecting herself and the public and to seek the mental help she seemingly requires.

You may disagree, i would like welcome your suggestions.

Hicky

Guru
What do you suggest for someone who is a recalcitrant?
As I said, it was a rhetorical question however I feel there is room to motivated some but the range of methods would vary far too much to be accommodated by any support service. A clear need for help beyond career criminal should be explored(ie live changing events being the root cause of the downhill slide).

@HMS_Dave as for KP/Jordan I'd do all and above as you suggest. The consequences she's experienced have shown to have zero effect on her behaviour. I'd wager the child services should be involved as there is a clear safety issue!

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You'd think so but not with recidivists like this one.
I wonder if injury or being stuck prevented her from climbing into the back seat this time to claim she hadn't been driving.

I would have locked the pair of them up for refusing to name the driver.

There are sometimes a way to prove who was driving, such as chemicals on clothing from the airbag if there was a crash, or tell tale injuries caused by harsh impact with the driver's side seatbelt.

Looks like she's going to avoid prison for this latest escapade, so that will be another ban she will ignore, a fine she won't be able to pay, and community hours she won't be able to do because of convenient medical problems.

No doubt a couple of interviews with a hand wringing probation officer will really bring her up short - not.

Statistically, it's unlikely she will go on to kill or maim someone, but if she does the injured party or their family might reasonably be aggrieved so many chances were lost to deal with her appropriately.

Last edited:
As I said, it was a rhetorical question however I feel there is room to motivated some but the range of methods would vary far too much to be accommodated by any support service. A clear need for help beyond career criminal should be explored(ie live changing events being the root cause of the downhill slide).
It will come across as odd but Prisons are no different to schools and workplaces. Some are just not keen despite resources provided and expense incurred. Just like the school and the workplace where one can claim that a student or staff were not helped or motivated correctly. It eventually becomes a circular argument. It is tough no matter how you look at it.

Maybe we should start young and put more resources to achieve 100% pass rate for students at GSCE. I suspect that will reduce the number going into prison in the first place.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Over the years I am sure she has had a number of driving bans or at least convictions. As much as I think every deserves seconds and third chances, even someone who is publicly so vacuous, when it comes to driving there should be no second chances for such severe transgressions. If she had so many transgressions with a gun she would have had any license permanently taken away many years ago.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If she had so many transgressions with a gun she would have had any license permanently taken away many years ago.
She has proved that taking her licence away will not stop her driving. This shows the weakness of the system, when even an instantly recognisable celebrity is willing to take her chance and drive while disqualified. Had she not been stupid enough to crash her car, she would have got away with it.
Makes you wonder how many more disqualified, and therefore uninsured, drivers are on the roads. Without Police doing random spot checks, there is little chance of them being detected.

Top Bottom