Kestevans Llandudno 2020 ride. May 2nd - CANCELLED !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
Thanks for the nod @Kestevan

I'm due my next op any time soon (although due to pressures in the NHS could be any time this year!) As it's a major op, it'd rule me out completely but if I do have a date that is post ride or haven't heard anything then I would love to come along (I'll see if the man Gil is also free)

Nothing else is in the diary at present for those two weekends - put me as a maybe based on the above and a late confirmation !

Thanks for the heads up, @Kestevan.

I am away for 2 of the other weekends in May so it may be a bit difficult to ride on the date mentioned.

I'll let you know nearer the time if I can make it.

wanda2010

Guru
Stick me on the list please. Will see what my fitness level is like by end March even though I'll train it from the halfway stop, most likely ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If today was anything to go by I would choose a day when the the wind is blowing from the east!!!!

Manchester to the Church of St Tudno against a westerly like today would be soul destroying!!
If there were to be a strong wind blowing then at least I would only ride into it for half of the ride since I will be turning round at the halfway point and heading back. A westerly would mean a headwind on the way out and a tailwind back, which wouldn't be so bad.

I have experienced the odd freak wind on an out-and-back-ride which reversed direction midway so I ended up with a headwind all day. Now THAT was truly soul destroying! :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The westerly was so strong today that I got a PB on a segment even though I was stopped at traffic lights for about 90 seconds!!!!.
I had the headwinds-from-hell for a week on one of my cycling training camp holidays on the Costa Blanca. It felt like whichever way we went we were slogging into a wall of wind but finally, we got a good tailwind. We were in the Jalon valley heading back towards the coast when suddenly the wind came round behind us. It was bloody fantastic! It felt like we had become pro-riders as our chaingang sped up to 50+ km/hr and held that all the way down the valley, with very little effort until we eventually came to the small climb out of the end of the valley.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Today's headwind was (allegedly) 14 or 15 mph. It felt worse than that, and by the time I turned back east I was so knackered the benefit of the tailwind was short-lived.

As for Manchester-Blackpool last year…shudder…

Buck

Guru
Thanks for the nod @Kestevan

I'm due my next op any time soon (although due to pressures in the NHS could be any time this year!) As it's a major op, it'd rule me out completely but if I do have a date that is post ride or haven't heard anything then I would love to come along (I'll see if the man Gil is also free)

Nothing else is in the diary at present for those two weekends - put me as a maybe based on the above and a late confirmation !

@Kestevan - i got a call last Wednesday and my op is planned for tomorrow afternoon :ohmy: I doubt that I’ll be ride fit in time so I will bow out this time.

Top Bottom