Kestevans Llandudno 2020 ride. May 2nd - CANCELLED !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cheers Colin. Feeling ok about the op and just have to not rush my recovery and end up with a setback :okay:

Good luck with the op from me.

Hopefully you will be fit for (another) recovery ride with me and @EasyPeez later in the year.

It'll be like Groundhog Day.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
@Buck Hope everything works out and you make a full and speedy recovery.... preferably in time to join us again on the Scarborough ride :smile:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm in.
Just booked accommodation for, surprisingly, not much. I'll find out how good it is when I get there but it's only one night.
I'll consider booking trains home. I feel that I should ride back. Because.

Anyway, looking forward to it: I enjoyed both of my previous rides.

GuyBoden

Guru
I should be able to come along again but I will do what I did last year - come as far as the cafe stop at the halfway point, then turn round and head back. @GuyBoden did that with me in 2019 and may want to again this time?

I will ride out from Manchester, but ride back to Walkden for my train home.

If anybody else fancies that variation, you'd be welcome to join me for the return leg.
Sounds a good idea, the Manchester start is a bit early for me to ride too, but I will definitely ride too/back from the Eureka cafe. Weather permitting, obviously.:okay:

wanda2010

Guru
So I've booked hotels and outbound train (Friday, Lunnon to Manch). The return looks 'interesting'. Umpteen changes and no bike reservation certainty. Will go to my local station prepared for a very long conversation...... Brompton to the halfway stop? Deffo getting the train from Eureka otherwise will still be on the road gone midnight!

At least I'll be at the front of the queue in the chippy.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So I've booked hotels and outbound train (Friday, Lunnon to Manch). The return looks 'interesting'. Umpteen changes and no bike reservation certainty. Will go to my local station prepared for a very long conversation...... Brompton to the halfway stop? Deffo getting the train from Eureka otherwise will still be on the road gone midnight!

At least I'll be at the front of the queue in the chippy.
Just had a look myself- eek. No services without similar hassle to London or Pompey. Makes the shenanigans of a couple of years back look like a doddle.

wanda2010

Guru
The wonderful 'Teach' (Ian) from Northampton suggested a route via Holyhead and Brum. Upon further investigation the return via Crewe and Brum seems the 'better' option but I'll double check, write down both routes then go camp out at a booking counter, with sweets/biscuits for whichever booking staff has the joy of dealing with me.

I'll report back later in the week.:smile:

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Apologies peeps, not been around much over the last couple of weeks....I've been rather busy with personal issues/family bereavement so haven't really managed to do much.

Not even booked accommodation yet. I gather from some of the comments above that there may be rail travel issues... What's the current state of play, and is just the travel back from llandudo to mordor/Manchester as before or are there wider issues?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Apologies peeps, not been around much over the last couple of weeks....I've been rather busy with personal issues/family bereavement so haven't really managed to do much.

Not even booked accommodation yet. I gather from some of the comments above that there may be rail travel issues... What's the current state of play, and is just the travel back from llandudo to mordor/Manchester as before or are there wider issues?
No problem, an opportunity for the inaugural annual Llandudno to Manchester bike ride on May 3rd....

Top Bottom