Kestevans Llandudno 2020 ride. May 2nd - CANCELLED !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I may have to pull out of this for unrelated reasons - I managed to fracture my collarbone on Thursday - but it may be sensible to keep the ride pencilled in tentatively though in case things improve.
Yikes - GWS!

I am probably not going to expose my delicate old lungs to you lot coughing and spluttering on me, but I'll leave it until nearer the time to wimp out in case the spring sunshine miraculously kills off the Corona virus. (There will actually be some spring sunshine, won't there?)

Buck

Guru
Given today's announcements I suspect that this ride may encounter some difficulties.

I'm loath to act too early and pull the plug on this one, but conversely I don't want people to be buying tickets/booking accommodation for a ride that's looking rather less likely to go ahead.. My gut feeling is that it's unlikely to go ahead in the current circumstances.

What's people's thoughts on this.?

it is looking a little doubtful but I’d hang on for another week to see how the situation develops. By then I am sure we’ll be able to see a definite outcome.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Sensible advice all round.
I'm not cancelling.... Yet.
But I'd strongly advice anyone not to make concrete/expensive arrangements that can't be cancelled.
I'll reapraise things at Easter and see if anything (even if in a more limited fashion) can go ahead.

@si_c tough break.. Hope it heals quickly with no problems.

Helenb

I'm still hopeful that all will be OK for the ride, but yes good advice to not book anything yet. Will have to play it by ear.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The Chinese took 60 days for a downturn so I can't see this ride happening in May considering we still haven't had a complete lockdown like they did.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Yeah, think its time to accept reality and pull the plug.
I'm going to call it cancelled.

Hopefully @nickyboy's other annual ride - the early September trip to Scarborough will still be able to go ahead... assuming it does I'd urge anyone who normally turns out on the Llandudno ride to join in as its usually a cracking day out.

si_c

Guru
Yeah, think its time to accept reality and pull the plug.
I'm going to call it cancelled.

Hopefully @nickyboy's other annual ride - the early September trip to Scarborough will still be able to go ahead... assuming it does I'd urge anyone who normally turns out on the Llandudno ride to join in as its usually a cracking day out.

Disappointed, but probably for the best.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I think it is more a question of whether it finishes before autumn!

If we do get the chance to do some forum rides later in the year then we will struggle not to have them clash. I will try not to compete with local rides.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yes, I think it is more a question of whether it finishes before autumn!

If we do get the chance to do some forum rides later in the year then we will struggle not to have them clash. I will try not to compete with local rides.
Same here.
Beginning to look like the late May @nickyboy LEJOG ride might be pushed back a full 12 months rather than just a month or two! :sad::sad::sad:
Also, not officially announced on the forum yet but holidays have been booked at work, I was going to re-run my Sept Hay-on-Wye camping/cycling trip again around 4-7th Sept. At least one forum member had already expressed interest in this and I thought that after a few months lockdown there could be a lot of enthusiasm for a sociable cycling event like this? Unfortunately, latest govt press conferences are suggesting we may still be facing restrictions at that time so I guess there is not really much point in organising anything yet? :sad:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Even if there's good virus spread news, the restrictions will be removed a lot more slowly and gradually than they were brought in.

You would need the return of full social privileges to do a multi-day tour with friends.

That isn't going to happen for several months, but group rides look to be in a more hopeful position.

As holiday time approaches, there's bound to be pressure to relax the restrictions for people to take a one off break.

That may happen to the extent of allowing an occasional full day out for leisure purposes.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Another one bites the dust, this year i had one of the busiest years regarding events entered and one buy one they are fading away.
Lets hope it changes for the better sooner rather than later

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Quite....my summer's gradually disappeared with nearly every ride and concert being cancelled or put back, including the one I was going to the evening of this ride, and the ones that haven't are likely to be. And I can't even move the couple of days' leave I'd booked for a couple of things, despite the situation at work (RM sorting office)...ho hum. We will return to reclaim the town from its goat overlords!

Top Bottom