Kids behaving dangerously on bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Trev, would you rather I shut up and ignored it, and some school, and ultimately some parent doesnt find out whats going on and try to put things right? If I kept quiet they wouldnt even have the option

If you've got a kid on a bike give him or her a bit of bellyache about it. Drum it in, go out on rides with them so you can see how they ride and put problems to bed.

Yes I know kids are graced with the gift of free thought. The biggest part of growing up is taking the advice and discipline from those older and more experienced in life, be that your parents, the schools, a copper or who ever. Perhaps that is the rough you should be thinking of.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Look at it this way what would an adult of done 30 years ago... they would have reported it to the school and then it would have had a mention in assembly about how we were not to bring down the reputation of the school on the journey to and from the school - you've just swapped roles. Kids will be kids but they do need to be reminded about the way to behave - we were told as children - how else do we learn. I don't see a problem mentioning it - revel in your role as the grown up fuddy duddy now:biggrin:

Trevrev

Veteran
bloodyhell, i really must get grumpier in my middle age.
I would have just gone past them and not even thought about what they were doing.
It must be me!!! I'm just too damned light hearted.

I'd hate to think what you would have done if they were doing something really bad!!

Top Bottom