Kid's names that won't make a comeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
where I work, in the lessons there is a kid called Alexa

Profpointy

Legendary Member
was Rupert EVER a serious name?

(well since Prince Rupert)

I dimly remember someone in the background at university who was a Rupert - it was a university where some who had failed to get into Oxbridge consoled themselves with.

I gather "Rupert" is the slightly disparaging term for a junior army officer of limited capacity from a particular social background

clid61

Veteran
Our son when born in 1993 , we named Eden very unusual at the time Guess there will be still quite a few still in the future

The bbc had (maybe still has) a reporter called julia caesar. Maybe her parents thought they were striking a blow for gender equality but still seems bonkers to me. She must have faced continuous double takes. I know i had to rub my ears the first time i heard the handover, then my eyes to peer for a screen subtitle.

robrinay

When my son Joe was just a bump on his mums tum, Ken; a family friend asked our three year old daughter Charlotte what would be a good name for the baby. She had us all in stitches when after some thought she said ‘Lampo’. When Ken got his breath back he asked if she might suggest a middle name ‘Cooper’ was the response. So the bump became widely known as Lampo Cooper.

robrinay

I came across a few old fashioned names when I was teaching including Tyrone, Theophilus, and I heard from a colleague that he’d taught a lad called Dwayne Pipe and another called Richard (Dick) Head (didn’t believe him though).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A few people around here have the name Keegan, often as a middle name.

They will have been born in the mid-90s when Wor Kev' was pulling up trees at the Toon.

Trans: Kevin Keegan was doing well at Newcastle United.

Top Bottom