Kid's names that won't make a comeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully seen the last of Euphegenia and Cornelius :dry:
You knew some?
Must admit I hate poncey names.
Not saying necessarily poncey, but what happened to prunella?
Once knew someone who i think had that name but hated it and insisted on being called Pru.

Mrs M

Guru
You knew some?
Must admit I hate poncey names.
Not saying necessarily poncey, but what happened to prunella?
Once knew someone who i think had that name but hated it and insisted on being called Pru.
Mrs Doubtfire :smile:
Did have a Cornelius as a customer, definitely not posh though!

There was a boy I knew from the students union bar at Cardiff University in the 60s called Nimrod Ping.

I've never seen him since but I've always remembered and been jealous of that name.
Nothing to stop you giving yourself a late life present and adopting the name.
Downside of a very particular name is of course that you can very easily be googled and pretty hard to claim that the results relate to someone else. One reason I'm pretty content with my uber plain name.

tyred

Legendary Member
As someone who processes health insurance claims for a living, some the names which turn up make you wonder what people were thinking and give my colleagues and I a good laugh at times. I can't remember them all but of the top of my head I can think of
Gorgeous George
Randy Hardy
Holly Branch
Rosie Flowers
Marina Morris
Ronald Trump
Robin Byrd
Stanley Knife
Paul Saul
as well as things like William Williams, Peter Peterson, etc which I feel don't show much imagination.

I'm not keen on his Sainsbury's, but other than that he seems to have been good value.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_Ping

Now I've googled him I see that he did lead a full life. Through haze of the mix of Newky Brown and scrumpy that was popular in the union bar in those days I just remember him as very good company.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We had a cat called that.
We had a tortoise called Herbert. He would actually come over to have his chin scratched when his name was called.
The smackhead niece of our neighbour stole him (the neighbour told us) but it could never be proved :sad::sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
As someone who processes health insurance claims for a living, some the names which turn up make you wonder what people were thinking and give my colleagues and I a good laugh at times. I can't remember them all but of the top of my head I can think of
Gorgeous George
Randy Hardy
Holly Branch
Rosie Flowers
Marina Morris
Ronald Trump
Robin Byrd
Stanley Knife
Paul Saul
as well as things like William Williams, Peter Peterson, etc which I feel don't show much imagination.
There's a William(Bill) Williams five minutes from me.

Top Bottom