Kid's names that won't make a comeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I don't think that there are any names that you can completely rule out. My daughter had a friend called Hephzibah.

Perhaps she read Silas Mariner by George Elliot. There was an Hephzibah in that, shortened to Eppie. You don't hear of many Silas's these days.

Once had a colleague called Myra. Not many girls have been named that recently.

tobykenobi

Über Member
Gertrude?

I would have said Gertrude - the name of my Grandmother so old lady associations - but there's a teenage character in Marvel's Runaways called Gert so it could easily be back sooner than you think.

Melvin. Sid. Mary. Lilly. Gladis. Earnest. Walter. Howard. Barry. To name a few.
I once experimented with bisexuality but it was only half in Earnest.

ah yes, it would seem my generation seem to be set on naming kids unusual names to try and make them appear to be different. a quick google search reveals...

If it helps, my daughter is called Evelyn, and my dog is called Trigger. yep, #45.
Theseus would be an excellent name for a dog.

More than a fair few names from Game of Thrones in there. Surprised "Khaleesi" didn't make the list.

RHAEGAR YOUR TEA IS OUT

My niece's best friend is called Siouxsie.
My nephew here has a son called Storm.
A neighbour (from NZ) is called Dallas. '
:headshake:

I like old names like Wilfred, Manfred, Frederick, Herbert, Albert, Henry, Harold, for the boys,
And Annie, Betty, Tilly, Milly, Molly, Dora, Nora, Hattie, Nelly for the girls.

We'll all be numbers in the future:
upload_2019-4-23_17-24-33.jpeg

Venod

Eh up
A friend will be having his first grandchild soon, a boy, to be called Sixton of something similar, apparently its Swedish, the only Swedish connection they have is that their daughters partners dad lives in Stockholm (he's English)

Last edited:
Top Bottom