Kid's names that won't make a comeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Son in laws mate has just named their new boy Fox.. The surname is where this all goes wrong..

Pretentious parents and their stupid names, they even have them spelt wrong on the B, C to make them even more ridiculous..

Dave7

Legendary Member
When my mum was pregnant with my youngest sister, we jokingly referred to the unborn baby as Gertrude - this being the silliest name we could think of. On the day she went into labour, we all piled into the car heading for the hospital and passed the docks en route - to see the MV Gertrude tied up alongside.
So she called the baby ???

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is the surname Sake ?

A mate has the surname Hookham, he got the nickname Alf.

It's along those lines.. :banghead:

rugby bloke

Veteran
When our eldest child was born my wife was working as a primary school teacher. As such she had a degree of bias towards certain names, according to the pupils she had taught. On that basis we chose Thomas, it was not a name she had come across very often so might be a bit unusual. As it turns out we were 1 of thousands of parents making the same decision, as it turned out Thomas and Tom was one of the most popular names of the years !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My mum's name, Valerie seems to have died out now. Don't here it at all these days.
Ian Jnr, Henry.. he's the only Henry in his school.

winjim

Smash the cistern
My mum's name, Valerie seems to have died out now. Don't here it at all these days.
Ian Jnr, Henry.. he's the only Henry in his school.
I was up for Henry for our latest but he has it as a middle name. My mate Henry owns my LBS, I remember thinking his name was unusual for a young man when we first met, although I guess we're not so young any more.

I think that as well as the more zany names, more traditional names are making a comeback. OT prophets as well, Noah seems quite popular and I do know some Ezekiels and Isiahs, but that might just be amongst a certain set of my friends.

Top Bottom