'Kin Hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
£247.50 for a pair of bloody glasses.

I feel faint.

is that all.

tyred

Legendary Member
They are pricey.

With my last pair I was fortunate enough to be able to claim half from the health insurance and a further €60 from the company as I use a computer for work.

Having a tedious office job for a health insurance company does have a number of advantages!

Get some National Health glasses

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have poor eyesight. No matter how they can thin the lenses down these days,they still look a bit jam jar bottom(ish). That's why i spend minimal amounts on glasses. I just buy three contact lenses (blind in right eye,so i save money in buying only one...every cloud has a silver lining) for three months for 30 quid and wear glasses at home,not outside.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think my Rudy Project glasses were about £250. They are the same prescription as my everyday glasses and they are also photochromatic and that works really well. They were worth every penny.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Reading glasses. I buy from anywhereI can get them cheaply. Last pair were about £10 from Amazon.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I've used Specsavers twice in the past, including my current pair of varifocals and I have not been impressed. Boots this time and an upgrade to Premium lens.

I will get a second pair, though now I have the new script I'll go to one of the online reglazers.
I was the opposite, used to go to Specsavers but wasn't too impressed with the test, seemed to quick. Next time went to Boots, test seemed a lot better but when I got my glasses, I couldn't focus out of one eye, had a re-test and got a totally different prescription!. Ended up going back to Specsavers again. They seem to vary branch to branch, out local main one is manic and always rushed, you see about 5 different people from start to finish, whereas another branch is fine.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I paid £25 for my last pair from specsavers, they are fine and have lasted well. 15 years ago I paid for a branded pair, £125 and they weren't really any better or worse than the budget ones. I've stopped going to specsavers now, they are in town and it's easier for me to go to Asda or Tesco which is near work. The only good thing about specsavers is they often do a 2-for-1 deal, but I rarely need 2 pairs as they stay on my face so are hard to lose

Top Bottom