Kinesis titanium frame, it was great while it lasted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

OP Alan, - will Kinesis not even consider any cash repayment to you which you could put towards someone else's product?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
OP Alan, - will Kinesis not even consider any cash repayment to you which you could put towards someone else's product?

Not a chance Im afraid, Ive tried my best to try and come to some sort of deal, but to no avail. That said, even if they gave me a frame I dont know if I would want to use it, or is that me being bloody minded....lol

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
So Wayne @ Brain Rourke rang me today to say my Reynolds 853 frame refurb was finally done and the frame was ready to be collected. I was also talking to him about the Kinesis frame cracking after doing such a limited amount of miles, he was quite shocked that it had cracked like it had. He was equally shocked at the poor level of customer support from Kinesis to.

However, he did give me the name of a company that they use for titanium repairs - https://www.tljwelding.com/

Needless to say I sent them photos and then we had a good chat over the phone about the pro and cons of carrying out a repair. The bottom line, they have quoted me £126 plus VAT to carry out the repair. This is half of the price that I have been quoted by other "welders".

Is it worth a punt I wonder?

Or just cut my losses and move on?

Alex321

Veteran
So Wayne @ Brain Rourke rang me today to say my Reynolds 853 frame refurb was finally done and the frame was ready to be collected. I was also talking to him about the Kinesis frame cracking after doing such a limited amount of miles, he was quite shocked that it had cracked like it had. He was equally shocked at the poor level of customer support from Kinesis to.

However, he did give me the name of a company that they use for titanium repairs - https://www.tljwelding.com/

Needless to say I sent them photos and then we had a good chat over the phone about the pro and cons of carrying out a repair. The bottom line, they have quoted me £126 plus VAT to carry out the repair. This is half of the price that I have been quoted by other "welders".

If you trust him to know what he's doing, then worth a punt.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If you trust him to know what he's doing, then worth a punt.

+1. £150 well spent if it's done right.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Just do it - no-brainer imo.

Will barely affect your upcoming pension situation. 🙂

*iss-poor show from Kinesis.

tom73

Guru
If it's going to be done well and you've got confidence it will be then go for it.
The one thing that really matters is do you still have total confidence with overall frame?
If you do than you've gained all round even if you only get a few more more years out it.
If you don't you've got a repaired frame which has to be worth more to someone than a broken one.

Venod

Eh up
That's a good price for a proper job, as I posted up thread I had a repair done and rode it for a year, I had no problems selling it with the repair.
I would have it repaired, easier to sell than a cracked frame, if not happy with it.

Top Bottom