Kinesis titanium frame, it was great while it lasted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

Tom B

Guru
£1200 is the final offer from Kenisis.....full stop.

So, I guess it's now down to me to decide if I want to take a punt and get another frame from Kenisis with five years warranty or spend double and go with a Reilly that has a lifetime warranty. :scratch:

If you're going to buy something from them, go back to them and give them the "in view of the upset and inconvenience would you accept [ £100 less]"

With a closure insight they may just accept.

We have a winner....surely !

I've looked at that a few times... When my alu frame dies.... Maybe... I've coverted a colleagues kinesis for several years.... Maybe not now.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
If you're going to buy something from them, go back to them and give them the "in view of the upset and inconvenience would you accept [ £100 less]"

With a closure insight they may just accept.
Nope, tried that, refused to budge point blank from the £1200 that they have already offered>

The fact that they offered me as a "valued customer" a special discount of 25%, yet I can go and purchase the exact same frame from ProBikeKit for £80 less that has really cheesed me off more than anything else. Then when I challenge them, the price suddenly comes down to £1200....funny that... :rolleyes:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nope, tried that, refused to budge point blank from the £1200 that they have already offered>

The fact that they offered me as a "valued customer" a special discount of 25%, yet I can go and purchase the exact same frame from ProBikeKit for £80 less that has really cheesed me off more than anything else. Then when I challenge them, the price suddenly comes down to £1200....funny that... :rolleyes:

That sucks. I got my Tripster for just under £1800 (Swinnerton Cycles had them at £1870, put it in shopping basket but didn't complete so they sent me a voucher to give me a nudge, which was nice). List price is now £2400, and all the discounts currently available are either not as generous, or for smallest/largest frame sizes (56cm have disappeared for the moment), or both. So if I were in your situation- though I'm still within warranty coverage, of course- I'd end up paying more for the replacement than the original purchase.

Sounds like the Kinesis Club doesn't want you as a member…Reilly, or AN Other Ti brand, sounds like the best option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Finally one piece of good news in this sh*t show jigsaw puzzle!
I bought a spare set of Hunt Four Season wheels at the end of last November. I have only got as far as putting tyres and tubes on them, and they have never been fitted to the bike.
Of course now l'm being really forced to go down the disc frame route, these wheels are really surplus to requirements.
So on the off chance, l contacted Hunt Wheels this afternoon and explained the situation. The reply was that although the wheels have passed the 60 day return period, given the situation they are more than happy to replace them for disc wheels.
Not only that, as a Brucie bonus they have a sale on right now, so it would have been rude not to upgrade to carbon rims from the original order of alloy rims and enjoy £110 off them in the sale.
Top marks to Hunt, l asked the question and l didn't expect such a prompt and positive response.

Tom B

Guru
...well that's put me right off Kinesis, which is a shame.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Kinesis certainly know how to take the pi55 of people!

I've just gone onto their website to look at the frame geometry so I can compare it with other manufacturers, and I see that the RRP has suddenly dropped from £2400 to £1750?

Top Bottom