Kinesis titanium frame, it was great while it lasted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Never gave too much thought about Titanium frames before.But it makes you think that the biggest selling point from retailer's seems to be it's robust,frame for life etc...
"With that in mind, many manufacturers will offer a lifetime warranty on titanium frames to the original owner, giving you peace of mind that should you run into any production issues further down the line they’ll have you covered."
I'd be putting this to Kinesis who from there sales spiel seem to think the same without actually saying it !
Even the "original owner" clause is a bit of a get-out. They know most expensive bikes get ridden for a couple of years, then sold on when the latest and greatest thing appears. People like audaxers, who put tens of thousands of miles on Ti frames and really do expect them to last a lifetime, are the manufacturers' nightmare.

The main thing to take away from this thread is that I would not touch anything Kinesis with a barge pole.........anything can happen to any product but customer service is everything.........fixing a low failure rate is the right thing to do, and good for brand

Someone in management needs to have the balls and backbone to absorb the small cost of a replacement frame

Good luck op

Funny this - out two Sundays ago and a group turn up at the cafe - I think out of the 7 riders - six were on Kinesis - the same orange frame too. They must have got a good deal - or are Kinesis based in Cheshire somewhere ?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
My "mile eater" (Kinesis quote not mine) Ti frame, works out to roughly 203 miles each month for the 4.5 years I've owned the bike, hardly a mile eater, is it??
This is primarily my winter bike, and only gets used for probably six months of the year?

One of my bikes I built from a Kenesis GF Ti Disc frame, which is the disc version of the OP’s frame.

I can’t remember whether the warranty was 3 or 5 years, but either way it has expired now.

Currently has 13.5k very enjoyable miles on it andI love it to bits!

The main thing to take away from this thread is that I would not touch anything Kinesis with a barge pole.........anything can happen to any product but customer service is everything.........fixing a low failure rate is the right thing to do, and good for brand

Someone in management needs to have the balls and backbone to absorb the small cost of a replacement frame

Good luck op

I agree that this is the main take out from this thread and I don’t think I’d buy another Kinesis frame unless they greatly improve their warranty terms and levels of customer support.

If my frame cracked I’d replace it with a Ti frame from Van Nic or similar with a proper warranty.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
£1200 is the final offer from Kenisis.....full stop.

So, I guess it's now down to me to decide if I want to take a punt and get another frame from Kenisis with five years warranty or spend double and go with a Reilly that has a lifetime warranty. :scratch:

Cycleops

Legendary Member

So, I guess it's now down to me to decide if I want to take a punt and get another frame from Kenisis with five years warranty or spend double and go with a Reilly that has a lifetime warranty. :scratch:
So if you stick with Kenesis as Dirty Harry would say the question is "Do ya feel lucky punk, well do ya?'

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

I wont be double if you can get a Reilly rim brake frame though, as then you can swap your existing wheels and components over.

£1200 for the Kinesis frame is just the staring point, you then need to kit it out with wheels for discs and thru axles and a disc groupset / calipers and shifters at a minimum.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Van Nicolas are selling a caliper braked frame still and on offer at £1199

https://shop.vannicholas.com/en/products/titanium-bike-frames/Astraeus-Titanium-Road-Frame/8066

NFAE1350.png

Top Bottom