Kinross sportive 2-14 entries open NOW! Be quick.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
tried to sign up for it at 9:15..sold out, i would have liked to have done it...always the year after

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Pass... far too long ago to remember! It was just a bit annoying at the time, as I could see others were a bit disturbed by it all. It ended up quite comical as the train fell apart when gravity kicked in and soon there was a crunching of gears and I think one of their chains may have come off or even snapped. :laugh:
Usually find that teams can ride together for the first 10 miles then it falls apart. We started with 10 riders and after the first hill whittled down to 5. By the 5th hill there was 3 of us but we paced ourselves. No point hammering up a hill to bonk half way up!! Even with pacing myself, i still recall the last 2 or 3 hills being slightly more than unpleasant. It's the constant change of pace, nothing is flat. It's either up, down, or at best rolling!

Still can't wait.^_^

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
For those you may be interested

Tayside Transgression

303km cycling event starting from Kinross. Controls at Invergowrie, Meigle, Pitlochry, Bridge of Balgie and Loch Earn, plus 1 information control.

More information is available on the Kinross Cycling Club Event Website at http://kinrosscyclingclub.co.uk/audax.php
Cracking route! Is it a case of early start late finish? My longest ride of the year was 165 miles which took around 9 hours+. Lots of supplies and lights? What are the controls? Like pit stops and food or drink?

Angus444

The seasoned Audax riders will keep me right here, but if it's an official Audax, I think I'm right in saying that there are no feed stations, and no mechanical support / broomwagon?

The controls are where you have to purchase a car park ticket, or obtain a receipt from a shop, which shows the date and time, to prove you were actually in that town at that time.....

Deeside Loop this year, Forfar - Banchory - Ballater - Braemar - Glenshee - Kirrie - Forfar........I bought a ticket in the carpark at Banchory, then kept the receipt from my purchase in the garage at Braemar....

I enjoyed that one, my first Audax.....even more so than sportives, they are definitely not races!! :-)

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
The seasoned Audax riders will keep me right here, but if it's an official Audax, I think I'm right in saying that there are no feed stations, and no mechanical support / broomwagon?

The controls are where you have to purchase a car park ticket, or obtain a receipt from a shop, which shows the date and time, to prove you were actually in that town at that time.....

Deeside Loop this year, Forfar - Banchory - Ballater - Braemar - Glenshee - Kirrie - Forfar........I bought a ticket in the carpark at Banchory, then kept the receipt from my purchase in the garage at Braemar....

I enjoyed that one, my first Audax.....even more so than sportives, they are definitely not races!! :-)
I done the Deeside loop as part of a long club ride. Was that exact route but from my home town of Errol, Carse of Gowrie. Didn't realise it was also an Audax this year. How long was it? Quite hilly if i remember correctly? Over Glenshee and Cairno'mount.

Should defo be doable in the light of day but i would imagine for the mere mortal, a few stops would be needed.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Yes, it was the 5th May this year, the week after Kinross, and the week before Etape Caledonia.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/13-218/

Was quite a day.......slapped the sunscreen on at Banchory, then had to contend with sleet at the Glenshee ski-centre.....
Hmmm, i will likely be doing both so getting a pass may be tricky. 3 weekends in a row might end badly for me. FEAR the missus! :laugh:

Angus444

Hmmm, i will likely be doing both so getting a pass may be tricky. 3 weekends in a row might end badly for me. FEAR the missus! :laugh:
Woose.......... :laugh: Tell her that you didn't enter the Angus Sportive on the 19th April, as you didn't want to be away from her 4 weeks on the trot....(the fact that the Angus Sportive is on the 26th, the same day as Kinross, is irrelevant....)

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Woose.......... :laugh: Tell her that you didn't enter the Angus Sportive on the 19th April, as you didn't want to be away from her 4 weeks on the trot....(the fact that the Angus Sportive is on the 26th, the same day as Kinross, is irrelevant....)
I like your thinking but i still have to convince her that a TT bike is needed. To her that sounds like "honey i need a 4th bike!". There is no reasoning with a woman who is not a cyclist. None.

Top Bottom