Kinross sportive 2-14 entries open NOW! Be quick.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angus444

I like your thinking but i still have to convince her that a TT bike is needed. To her that sounds like "honey i need a 4th bike!". There is no reasoning with a woman who is not a cyclist. None.

There was a LBS up here a few years ago, where the owner had a customer who bought a new bike every year, but it had to be red......the reason being that when his wife looked in the garage, she saw a red bike.......Buy your TT bike, but make sure it's the same colour as one of your roadies.....

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Anyone doing this tomorrow?

Weather looks less than perfect and i am coming down with something, but i am looking forward t it!!

Plenty from my club taking part. 20+ riders i think. COG train! :laugh: Probably split to pieces after the first hill.............

Angus444

Anyone doing this tomorrow?

Weather looks less than perfect and i am coming down with something, but i am looking forward t it!!

Plenty from my club taking part. 20+ riders i think. COG train! :laugh: Probably split to pieces after the first hill.............
Yip....all set. Was off last week, and thought that the decent weather was here to stay.... Ho-hum...at least we won't get sunstroke....^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Looks like rain until noon. Meant to be wearing club colours (COG green and blue) but they aren't waterproof.

Might put the Gabba on and put a club gilet over the top. Lateral thinking. :idea:
Looking a bit blustery too. I'm sure you will enjoy it nonetheless. Does it go up Dunning Glen? The road up the top is pretty broken up as usual so watch yourself on the rough bits. :thumbsup:

Angus444

Looking a bit blustery too. I'm sure you will enjoy it nonetheless. Does it go up Dunning Glen? The road up the top is pretty broken up as usual so watch yourself on the rough bits. :thumbsup:
Aye, this is reminding me of 2011, I think.....wet and windy, roads in poor condition.......this IS our Flanders, folks...^_^ (minus the frites and Leffe, unfortunately....)

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Enjoyed that guys. Felt bloody horrible this morning but picked myself up and got on with it. Felt better after a few climbs and went on to post a time of 5 hours and 2 minutes. A minute slower than last year but i can't grumble.

Now for beer! :cheers:

Here is the ride for those interested

edindave

Über Member
Enjoyed that guys. Felt bloody horrible this morning but picked myself up and got on with it. Felt better after a few climbs and went on to post a time of 5 hours and 2 minutes. A minute slower than last year but i can't grumble.

Now for beer! :cheers:

Here is the ride for those interested

Nice result! That's fast. Am pleased with my 5h 33m moving time - knocked 25 mins off last year. Happy with that! Enjoy the well earned :cheers:

edindave

Über Member
Well you were both faster than me! An enjoyable day, and the rain stayed off.

@Pedrosanchezo - that was a decent turnout from your club. You lot can certainly shift!

Yeah I remember seeing lots of COGs at one point... and not seeing them again!

Still, I enjoyed the many sausage rolls, donuts, millionaires shortcake, donuts, sausage rolls, cakes, buns etc! :mrpig:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Cheers guys, we had 20 riders until the first climb and then we had about 8! lol. After the 2nd climb there was 6, and by Dunning common there was 4 of us!

We lost 2 riders to mechanicals after 6 miles and then the route took its toll after that.

I was behind a club mate going down the descent into Dunning and he came off at the hairpin and into some gravel. Now that was road rash!! I waited with him for a minute to check himself over and then he got back on and continued. Bad ass! Every item of clothing ripped. :eek:

Sportive wise i have the Fred Whitton next. That. Will. Hurt!

Top Bottom