Kit list how does it sound?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For three weeks cycle camping in July, highest point 2800m

Clothing:
Waterproof Jacket
Overshoes
Gillett
Arm and Leg warmers
Buff
cap& Helmet
2 x padded cycling shorts
1 x padded liner
1 x long zipoff trousers
1 x w/proof Baggy short
thermal tights
swimming trunks
sandals
spd trainers
2 x compression vests
1 x l/s HH shirt
1 x casual shirt
2 x s/s l/w cycling jersey
1 x l/s cycling jacket/ Jersey
long + short fingered gloves

Tent
Ground sheet
inflatable mat
sleeping bag
silk liner
earplugs
blow up pillow
Cycling glasses & Normal glasses

emergency spokes
spare brake blocks (4 pairs)
elastic bands
zip ties
3 x inner tubes + repair kit
pump
tape
spare chain + 2 quick links
chain lube
spare guy rope
arselard
multitool
toiletries + m/f towel

plastic plate and bowl
Knife/ fork/ spoon combo
camera + spare battery and memory card
Phone + spare battery
Gps + solar charger
lights + 1 set spare batteries
cable lock
Map, pad and pencil

emergency gels
Isotronic water tablets + sterilising tabs
1st aid kit
wet wipes
sun cream
Mossy repellant
cash/ card

Hydropak

Anything missing? Too much?

doog

1.Clothes line and pegs
2. Tyre boot
3. Head torch
4. Sudocreme - for night- great healing abilities - you may have this covered.
5. Stove / windshield.
6. Suntan lotion
7. A few small packs of rice - pasta

France isnt it ?I dont think you will need to take a spare chain - heavy, just a chain tool / links. Or the extra brake blocks for 3 weeks (new should do - even with your hills / mountains). Overshoes - not worth it in July, wont need leg or arm warmers either despite your elevation. Forget the emergency gels and sterilising tabs,just strap bottled water on the rack if you dont have enough bottles.

doog

sunglasses - 2 pairs

and plastic bags as well - cram then in - great for ditching rubbish and for keeping dirty clothes separate etc etc - cant have enough

best of luck, trip sounds great

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
Thanks for replying.

Missed off sun cream but it is packed as are wet wipes and cycling glasses and perscription sun glasses

Clothes line ~ spare guy rope, pegs - elastic bands
Tyre boot ~ if required cut a bit off ground sheet
Head torch ~ planning early nights early mornings ~ but will use knogg front light if reqd.
Sudocreme ~ areslard and savlon
Stove ~ if I can buy food to cook I can buy food to eat so decided to pass on the weight

Also carrying a Hydropak so the sterilising tabs clean that out.

Overshoes ~ rather have the weight than wet feet, and it is bound to rain at some point :sad:

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
another padded liner to give a "one-to-wear & one -to-wash" policy?

Sorry, maybe not clear the cycling shorts are padded. The liner is more for the first and last to travel in to save changing. Will also be useful as a third pair if both sets of cycling shorts are wet/ drying.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
If it were me i wouldnt take a heavy chain..just a link...i'd ditch 2 of the brake pads and just replaca the front 2 if necessary....definatly take wet weather gear/overshoes...i got a couple of GOOD drenchings in th efrench summer...I dont see any trangia or gas stove on the list??

• maybe only 1 spare spoke unless diff sizes at front and rear; unless you have a history of breaking spokes...
  • torch - it is going to get dark in the tent
  • book?
  • tissues and/or toilet roll. Don't know about french public loos, but there are few countries where everyone I have visited has had toilet paper, and may need to cover for getting caught short.
  • we also always carry patches for repairing panniers and inflatable mats - though that seems to be missing from the kit list as well.

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
  • maybe only 1 spare spoke unless diff sizes at front and rear; unless you have a history of breaking spokes... No history but they only weigh about 5 grams so carrying 2 no problems.
  • torch - it is going to get dark in the tent Will just use bike light if required
  • book? Thought about the kindle, but planning on wandering around area on an evening and having an early night might write a bit or will buy a paper.
  • tissues and/or toilet roll. Don't know about french public loos, but there are few countries where everyone I have visited has had toilet paper, and may need to cover for getting caught short. Taking the degradable, flushable wet wipes, you are correct though probably best to throw in half a roll in just in case.
  • we also always carry patches for repairing panniers and inflatable mats - though that seems to be missing from the kit list as well. Have an inflatable mat packed just missed it from list will pack extra glue and larger patches with the tyre kit ~ good call

BigonaBianchi

well I've just come in from 40 miles on a fully loaded tourer in this cold driving rain and wind here along the coast and I can absolutly recommend waterproof over trousers...even in wind stopper goretex longs i was freezing , cold and Peed orf...

BigonaBianchi

I took a length of waterproof twine....it was used as a washing line, tied to my bike at night and attached to my arm in a dodgy area and helped keep a front pannier on the bike..weighs nothing at all...you only need 2m.

Top Bottom