Kitchen Gadgets That Actually Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just opened a can of tuna and it reminded me of how absolutely bloody fantastic my can opener is.

I’ve owned many over the years, both electric and manual, and they’ve ranged from downright dangerous to mediocre at best.

18 months ago I bought the following can opener and since that day my can opening dramas have ceased.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07464F5WN/

As can openers go it’s fairly uninspiring to look at, but it opens cans with ease. Not only that, but it leaves no sharp edges at all and if you don’t use all of the can’s contents the lid can be pushed back on again to form a relatively good seal.

And in addition to all that can opening goodness - it has a beer bottle opener as well (I’ve been told that it can also remove the tops from some non-alcoholic beverage bottles as well).

What’s not to like?

Note: It can’t immunise you against Covid or cure 3rd (or 1st) world debt - but by God it does open cans.

P.S. I have no affiliation to the manufacturer or seller of this product. Just an aversion to crap kitchen gadgets that don’t work very well.

Last edited:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I have used a Culinaire Magican for over 10 years now without any problems. Admittedly the sharp edges on the can are a (minor) downside. But, they’re emptied, rinsed, and in the recycling bin, within a moment or 2 of opening.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I’ve just opened a can of tuna and it reminded me of how absolutely bloody fantastic my can opener is.

I’ve owned many over the years, both electric and manual, and they’ve ranged from downright dangerous to mediocre at best.

18 months ago I bought the following can opener and since that day my can opening dramas have ceased.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07464F5WN/

As can openers go it’s fairly uninspiring to look at, but it opens cans with ease. Not only that, but it leaves no sharp edges at all and if you don’t use all of the can’s contents the lid can be pushed back on again to form a relatively good seal.

And in addition to all that can opening goodness - it has a beer bottle opener as well (I’ve been told that it can also remove the tops from some non-alcoholic beverage bottles as well).

What’s not to like?

Note: It can’t immunise you against Covid or cure 3rd (or 1st) world debt - but by God in can open cans.

P.S. I have no affiliation to the manufacturer or seller of this product. Just an aversion to crap kitchen gadgets that don’t work very well.

We've got both our children one of those for Christmas [they don't know yet- how exciting is that!]- it changed our lives too!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mandolin - love it.

Top Bottom