Kitchen Gadgets That Actually Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Best kitchen gadget - a properly sharp knife. :thumbsup:
I've always carried a pocket knife of some description and if I loan it to someone, it's usually returned after use with a comment like 'Ooh, that's sharp - !' :ohmy:
Well, er yes, it's a knife. They're suppose to be sharp - ! :rofl:
Absolutely, my knife is the same, but I wouldn't dream of letting anyone borrow it!
I have a large knife which belonged to my grandfather (he was a greengrocer, but also sold meat he'd shot) and the edge you can get on it is superb, real shaving hairs off your arms stuff. It does tarnish/ stain easily, so has to be scrupulously dry and clean when not in use, I presume it's the type of carbon steel it's made from. It's probably about 90 years old now.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
@Tenacious Sloth On your recommendation I bought myself one of the Lantana tin openers for myself as a Xmas present. I've just used it and you're right it's brilliant! Just what I need, thankyou very much.

For anyone else wondering, just get one.
Mine's due to be delivered today, thought it seemed expensive but fed up of cheaper ones only lasting a couple of months so here's hoping.

PK99

Legendary Member
An eggshell egg white separator.
The size of half an egg (adjusts to the size of the egg you're separating) so happily sits with the eggs so you never have to go looking for it, brilliant!
...and no washing up either. ^_^

Fingers -a bit messy, but quick and effective

Top Bottom