Knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I was told that due to riding with saddle to low was the high contributor to my IT Band problem , it is important if your doing many miles to get the saddle height sorted, I did read in a CW some years ago that a rider who regularly did 200 k + rides never had a bike fit , he just kept tweaking things until he felt it was right ,

I was told that due to riding with saddle to low was the high contributor to my IT Band problem , it is important if your doing many miles to get the saddle height sorted, I did read in a CW some years ago that a rider who regularly did 200 k + rides never had a bike fit , he just kept tweaking things until he felt it was right ,

Which is how I do it on my 2 or 300 Km rides. If the seat is fractionally out, it really can get quite uncomfortable later on into the ride. It can be as little as 1 or 2 mm out, and on a short ride I wouldn't notice it. On a long ride or a ride with lots of work done, it shows up much more noticeably.

Rockn Robin

I see that a lot of people have given some sound advice regarding bike adjustments, etc. At one time I had very bad pain in the right knee. What I did was take a supplement called Glucosamine/Chondroittin. After a taking this for a few days, I noticed a huge difference. As a matter of fact, I'm back using it again as my right knee is giving me a bit of bother again. Not anywhere near as bad as before, but slightly noticeable. I do recommend this supplement, but, like any medication or supplement, it's always wise to check with the doctor.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sorry but it's most likely placebo effect. You buy a supplement, start taking it, the pain goes away and you're impressed, especially if the supplement was expensive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry but it's most likely placebo effect. You buy a supplement, start taking it, the pain goes away and you're impressed, especially if the supplement was expensive.
There is actually clinical data available for these ones though in patient with OA when taken at the researched dosage (they may have helped inflammation reduce that quickly). Didn't work for me, made me feel sick (not that I generally have an issue with seafood derived stuff).
I do however take Omega 3 (at a high dose) and Vitamin D on the advice of my rheumatologist (both of which have evidence in msk issues)

Placebo effect on top of therapeutic efficacy can also be very powerful :smile:

Rockn Robin

There is actually clinical data available for these ones though in patient with OA when taken at the researched dosage (they may have helped inflammation reduce that quickly). Didn't work for me, made me feel sick (not that I generally have an issue with seafood derived stuff).
I do however take Omega 3 (at a high dose) and Vitamin D on the advice of my rheumatologist (both of which have evidence in msk issues)

Placebo effect on top of therapeutic efficacy can also be very powerful :smile:
Whatever the effect, it certainly works for me, and it was on the advice of my doctor.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Well folks the knees are feeling a lot better . I could even kneel down at work today with very little pain . So hopefully not too long b4 I'm back on the bike maybe try a short easy spin at the weekend to see how It goes . Can't wait to get back on the bike

Rockn Robin

Well folks the knees are feeling a lot better . I could even kneel down at work today with very little pain . So hopefully not too long b4 I'm back on the bike maybe try a short easy spin at the weekend to see how It goes . Can't wait to get back on the bike
Good to hear that. Easy does it though.

Top Bottom