knees hitting the dropbar ends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm 178cm and ride 54cm bikes with a 100mm stem. I don't like being overstretched. That said, being female, I probably have shorter arms and torso, and longer legs

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Seriously undersized. 176cm height means at least size 56.
:ohmy: Then my bike is waaaay to small!
I don't think you can be too generic with sizing i.e. the total height of a person means this size frame. I mean how do you split that up? I'm short legged, 30/30.5 inside leg but have a longer upper body. How does that compare with a guy who is the same height, 5' 10", but with a 34" inside leg but shorter upper body?
I was always taught it was the relationship between hands/hips/feet that were the bits to concentrate on. Frame size is just one contributor to this.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
v6lu0c0l.jpg

yes i know messy room.

Point of order .... indoor bike photos should only be taken in the kitchen. It's the rools ....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm 178cm and ride 54cm bikes with a 100mm stem. I don't like being overstretched. That said, being female, I probably have shorter arms and torso, and longer legs
IIRC, women are on average proportionally similar to men in the general population, however, women tend to have less hip articulation/rotation and so tend to favour shorter top-tubes/reach as a result.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just to throw a spanner in the works I ride a 52 with a 100 stem or my commuter has a 54 top tube with a 80 stem,seat height is 69 cm to Bb,reach is 51 to ctr of of bars. I am 170 cm with a 30 inch inseam.I did try. a 1 cm longer stem and felt too stretched on the drops. set back from bb is 4 cm.I do think I could increase saddle to bar drop though as I ride mainly on the hoods with elbows fully bent.

Top Bottom